Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Save The Dates - When?!?!

We just booked our ceremony and reception site a couple weeks ago.. We're getting married August 27th, 2011. I know what I want to do for STD's, but I'm just wondering if it's too early?! I'm trying to get as much stuff done and out of the way as early as I can..

Thoughts please!
Thanks! Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save The Dates - When?!?!

• Options
    edited March 2010
    I'd wait until at least after August 27, 2010... you don't want people saving the wrong August 27!  But I think any time after that is fine, we sent ours out about 9 months in advance and there were still a couple people who can't come because they had gotten another one for the same date before ours!  Plus, August is a popular month for weddings and vacations, and people start planning so early, so if you know, why wait?

You could also get them made/make them now, so that you can just send them out when the time comes.  Best wedding advice I can give: when you're excited about doing something, DO IT!, even if it seems waaay too early, because you might not be in the mood later.
  • Options
    STDs usually go out at about 6-9 months.  You'll need to have your guest list pretty set in stone, as once they get an STD, they must get an invitation.  In any event, wait at least until 12 months before you send them.  Like PP said, if you sent them now, people would assume it was for this year.
  • Options
    couldn't agree more with rubyf.  within 6 months of our date - we had to change our venue, i broke my foot - thought we would have to change the date, i am moving, i will likely change jobs....life keeps moving, doesn't stand still b/c you are getting married, things change!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards