Florida-South Florida

Bridesmaids...

How did you ask your girls to be your bridesmaids?

I wanted to do something special and I also wanted to give them a gift. What do you think is something economical, yet nice to give them?

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaids...

• edited December 2011
    I sent each of them a personlized bridemaids card
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I asked in person with a little card I made

• edited December 2011

For my matron of honor:  I printed a picture of us on sticky back paper (you could peel off the back) and put it on a wine bottle of wine that she likes, then on the other side I put another sticky backed paper saying "will you be my matron of honor?" I gave her a frame w/ our pic in it too...
    for maid of honor: I bought one of those Lolita (hand painted) wine glasses (you can find them in most hallmark stores)... it was the one that had all these dresses all over it & the "name" of the glass was called "It's all about the dress"... inside the glass I put a little note that said "... in this case, it's all about the bridesmaid dress!... will you be my maid of honor?"
    For my bridesmaids I got them all frames of pictures of me & them in the frame and on the back (on the sticky back paper) I wrote a little poem I found online, it said:
    It's hard to believe that in just a little while
    Diego and I will be walking down the aisle.
    Nothing would give me more joy and pride
    Than to have you there by my side.
    Will you be my Bridesmaid?
    Love,
    Melissa

HTH!!!!!!!!! :):) Have fun!!

***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LindsA90410LindsA90410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do anything cool. I was going to invite them all over for a girls night, right after I got engaged, but I learned that it is very hard to coordinate 6 girl's schedules! So I asked a couple of them by phone (1 lives out of town) and I asked one of my girls in person! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just asked them.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't asked them yet..but when I do I plan on calling them.  I was going to print out DIY "will you be my bridesmaid/maid of honor" cards but I'm running out of time so I nixed that idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards