New York-New York City

Photojournalistic Wedding Photographer - Help!

I am getting married August 21st and am looking for a unique and different wedding photog - one that will not just tell you to "stand in a line and smile"
artistic, creative is what I am looking for. I'm getting married in LI, so Long Island or NYC area I guess, anything within the tri-state area.

HELP!

Thanks

Re: Photojournalistic Wedding Photographer - Help!

• edited December 2011
    Hey, we're wedding date buddies - go 8/21!!! 
    I recommend Henry Chan - he wasn't booked for that date as of about a month ago, so hopefully you'll be set.  He's great, very artsy & photojourno style.  I didn't book him b/c I am a giant, and he is small, and I had a need for a tall photog (yes, I know it sounds crazy, but c'est la vie).
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Sal mar studios in Brooklyn. We have heard great things about them. We are getting married on 8/20. yahoo aug brides. Have you guys checked out the Aug club board there are some great girls over there. with some good advice
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I felt the same when I researched photographers.  I also had a budget to keep in mind so while there were lots that I loved, the cost was too much.

I found Bill Walsh, owner and sole proprietor of Stellaview Studios.  He's based in NJ but does weddings through the tri-state area (my wedding will be in Brooklyn and reception in NYC).  His prices were reasonable, I like his style, and I contacted several recent brides (as well as read every review I could find) and he comes highly recommended.  After speaking with him, I knew I made a great choice and his initial deposit is *very* budget friendly.

www.stellaviewstudios.com - if you contact him, tell him Stephanie from 05/30/2010 recommended him.  GL.

• kriserinkriserin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Craig Paulson for my December wedding and I was very happy with how everything worked out.  He was creative and easy to work with.  I hardly felt like he was around!  I got my pictures they other day and I love them.

His website is cpaulson.com.
  • ejeyeejeye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've always like Kella MacPhee's website:

http://kellamacphee.blogspot.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Here's a great lady...   http://www.angelacappetta.com

if you look hard enough you'll even see my wedding on there ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Try Staci Schwartz- stacipophoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    Check out ChristophersStudio.com I think he has what you would be looking for.
  • marriednycmarriednyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't use Sarah Merians - they were awful. In a nutshell, the photo/album quality was poor, they were unresponsive after the wedding and tried to charge us extra at every turn. Ultimately, they refused to give us the high res digital images that were included in our contract unless we paid an extra $1500. We had no choice (they were our wedding pictures...) so we paid and then successfully sued to get the money back. The reviews on Yelp.com describe similar experiences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards