Indiana-Indianapolis

Live Bands for Reception

Hi again,

I am also looking for suggestions of bands for our reception, instead of a dj. Does anyone know of a great band that would be great for a wedding reception?  Possibly able to play covers...  Suggestions are appreciated :-)  

Thank you,
Cristina 

Re: Live Bands for Reception

• smilz4milzsmilz4milz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just at an engagement party that had the Jester Kings play.  They were awesome!  They played a little bit of everything.  They play all over Indy and just last weekend played at Mallow Run Winery...I think they're at Champps this weekend.  They're on FB & Myspace.

They played everything from KT Tundstall to Bonnie Raitt to Tom Petty to AC/DC - it kept getting requested and they pulled it off wonderfully!  They played a lot of other country songs...I just don't know country very well...but I still enjoyed this band very much.

HTH!
  • htgchtgc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lemon Wheel is a great band that plays everything from Lady GaGa to classic R&R.  Very entertaining and lots of fun for all generations! 
  • edited December 2011
    Living proof is awesome, but they are like $4000.  Endless summer band, dave & rae, and zanadu (sp?) also are popular but pricey.  I'm using the cocktail sax band which will play during cocktail hour and during dinner then switches to a dj.  They can add a vocalist if you want them to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TularakTularak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice, thanks! I completely forgot about Zanadu :-)  Appreciate the suggestions
  • bbroederdorfbbroederdorf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at bands as well Christina. Let me know if end up finding any other suggestions through other people or find one that is priced well. thanks! Brittany
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards