California-Orange County

Please help me find the PERFECT (affordable) wedding site!!

Hey guys-this is my first post so i might be a lil lame when it comes to the blog basics but i really need some help!

I got enagaged 2 months ago and am STILL looking for the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony/reception in the OC/LA area.

I would love an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception. I really LOVE spanish style venues, and anything garden/forrest like.

I've seen a lot of nice places (Rancho las Lomas, La Venta Inn, etc)-but all WAY too expensive.

Can anyone offer any addition recomendations?

We are currently looking at :
Turnip Rose
Casa Romantica
Hotel Maya
Muckenthaler Mansion

THANKS SO MUCH LADIES!!

Re: Please help me find the PERFECT (affordable) wedding site!!

• shalom888shalom888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I can recommend THE HACIENDA in Santa Ana. Check out
    the-hacienda.com
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out the csuf alumni house.  I got married there in march- it's definitely affordable (we were on a $10k budget for 110 people) and it worked out beautifully.  I have some pics posted in my bio. :)

However, if you want the indoor reception, which is what we did- you have to have no more than 100 guests.  We were at 100 and it fit just right- 10 tables w/ 10 people at each table.  Any more than that is too much for the indoor reception room. GL!
    ~Rita
  • phntmofthoprphntmofthopr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Hacienda. That place was really pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    Rita - I'm also thinking about Fullerton Alum. House!!!  can you send me more pics of your reception!!!  i would love to see more of the house, setup etc!!!
  • jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married last year at the CSFU alumni house - called the Golleher Alumni House as well.  What is so great about the place is you bring in your own catering, so you have control of the food costs.  We spent a bundle on catering, but that was the most important thing to us.  When you look at the venue, don't worry that traffic noise will be a problem, we didn't notice it at all.  We had an indoor wedding and outdoor reception for 85 and there was plenty of room.  It's a great option for a small to medium wedding. 
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    xpinkbridex: what's your email address?  I'll try to send some pics to you this weekend- but i may not get a chance to send them until monday (my graduation is tomorrow :) )
    ~Rita
  • edited December 2011
    Muckenthaler Mansion- beautiful and you can have it indoors or out.
    also, UCI has a really nice and affordable setting, it is on the campus, but not affliated with the school.
  • edited December 2011
    Arroyo Trabuco is beautiful. We are getting married there in July and it is an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception that has tons of architecture and is just beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be getting married at the Muckenthaler next May and so far everyone has been very helpful. We're having a smaller wedding, definitely under 100, but I know they accommodate larger ones, depending on your size. We were also looking at Maravilla Gardens in Ventura County, but I can't remember if they had indoor access or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards