Getting in Shape

What were your weekend splurges, if any

Did anyone splurge over the weekend?

I had D'Giorno Pizza Saturday night because I was too lazy to cook.

Sunday I had "All Natural Pizza" from the natural pizza shop in Ocean City, NJ

I had a small cup of gelato from Shriver's on the boardwalk.

I don't think I did too, too bad. 

What were your weekend splurges??

If no splurges, what good choices/working out did you do.

It's sooo hard to eat right and exercise on the weekends!  I am trying tho.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What were your weekend splurges, if any

• Hey, do you live in OC?  I grew up in Mays Landing.  I'm getting Johnson's popcorn for my wedding favors!
  • We had a engagment/bday party for friends this weekend.... pasta salad and a white (icky) roll for my grilled chicken. Not alot of great food choices there, we were expecting more. And of course a cupcake - but we had to try them because they were choosing their weddnig cake flavors! =)

Also, way too much iced coffees because I was driving all over the place - but skim milk only so not high on the calories or anything.

I did move around ALOT this weekend so all in all not my worst weekend ever =)
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i went a little crazy this weekend with the splurges, justifying them by saying i was still on vacation.  not good.

saturday i had fries with my grilled chicken sandwich while watching the world cup match at a bar - i haven't had fries in so long, they were pretty good!  but i should have stuck to the salad.

last night i went a little crazy on the graham crackers and cool whip around 9pm.  i now have a small stomach ache, which should be a reminder to no do that again.
  • Saturday I had mojitos and nachos.
    Sunday I had half of a fishermans platter which was amazingly delicious and wouldn't take back a bite. FI got a lobster tail (dessert) for after dinner and I had a bunch of that.

I also realized that I can't eat fried food anymore, I had such an upset stomach last night that it will deter me for quite a while.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_were-weekend-splurges?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:735b7c25-928e-4ef7-9656-8b1ed7d3624ePost:63afb859-d854-4456-aee1-6aaa5617c65f">Re: What were your weekend splurges, if any</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, do you live in OC?  I grew up in Mays Landing.  I'm getting Johnson's popcorn for my wedding favors!
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

what an awesome favor!  we did salt water taffy from shrivers.  bought the small clear bags from ac moore and stuck 3 taffys in there- choco, van, and strawberry and tied with a blue ribbon.. ppl love edible favors

I don't live in OC but husbands parents have a beach house there and we go every weekend or so. 
  • Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    I was stuck at an airport where the only food option was Wendy's or a sit down restaurant. I didn't have time for the restaurant so I got a plain hamburger and a diet coke. Not great.

Saturday night H and I were watching a Harry Potter marathon and wanted movie candy, so I got a Fast Break bar.

Other than that, not too bad.
  • I was so bad this weekend...not so much this weekend as yesterday!! I am doing double time at the gym tonight!
  • definitely did the super late-night breakfast thing with the fiance and some friends after we went out saturday (and "going out" meant 3 tequila sunrises), then ate french toast for breakfast on sunday. with syrup.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fried my butt off at a Phillies game yesterday..."had" to have a few beers.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010
    I went to a beer tasting on Saturday. Probably had the equivalent of 4-5 beers. Plus a sandwich I wasn't accounting for. :-/ I also went to a BBQ yesterday, but other than a few chips and 5-layer-dip, I did pretty well over all.

I also appeared to have twisted my ankle on Saturday, so no major working out.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • We went out for Mexican food on Friday night which I had been looking forward to all week (it was a planned splurge) I had chili con queso, chips, salsa, enchiladas, and a margarita. Then later that day I had a hot fudge shake from my favorite frozen custard place, a small one. I have a planned splurge day every week. I just try not to over eat and stuff myself
    Planning Blog: www.JohnandSteph2010.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image228 Made the list!
    image 42 Are ready to party!
    image 6 Will be missing out!
    image 180 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Friday night I had a couple bites of FI's birthday cheese cake. (Any more would have made me really sick, stupid milk allergy!)
    Saturday I had a hotdog instead of the grilled chicken at mom's cookout, but I had all healthy reasonable sides.
    Sunday FI ordered us pizza while we were cleaning house (no cheese, so not a big splurge, but tasty!) I think he really just didn't want me cooking & making a mess in the kitchen he just cleaned!
    I definitely don't usually have that many splurges, but birthdays make it a little trickier!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Peony, my grandparents live in Margate and I used to spend every summer at their beach house...and going to the OC boardwalk. Fond memories and tasty food! The taffy isn't my thing, but I would kill for some boardwalk peanut butter fudge...

My splurge this weekend was also mojitos and nachos, on Friday night. I had a really good workout that morning, and while it doesn't make up for it, at least I feel like I earned a little treat. Back on track this week, because I am less than 2 weeks out from the wedding!
  • Hey Peony- I was in OC this weekend too!

I was pretty bad -- we had a big family dinner on Saturday, I think we each consumed a bottle of wine. And that doesn't include cocktail hour, which consisted of vodka soda's with lemon... BUT we resisted going out for ice cream afterwards (at Kessels Korner).

But, I worked extra hard at the gym this morning- according to the treadmill I burned 625 cals. :) That's the most I've burned at the gym that I'm aware of!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had 7 beers on Saturday! I was only supposed to have 4....
    On Sunday I made up for it by having 6 glasses of water, while my fiance and his parents drank beer at lunch for like 2 hours.
  • I also forced myself to run outside the next morning even though it was the worst hangover I've had on months.
  • I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with FI last night. Had 2 drinks, buffalo wings, nachos, mozzarella sticks, and chicken soft tacos and I was stuffed after dinner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    I ran my first 10k Sat morning!! whoo!

... and that night, ended up at a college bar (FI's friend is dating a new-grad) & had multiple drinks (calorie-free mixers, but still) & needed a 5th meal (hey I was up at 6am) so I got veggie quesadillas at 12.

So hungry after reading your splurges!!

ltmacs - sometimes I think running helps clear a hangover (if the room isn't spinning, that is)
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards