Tennessee

OUTDOOR WEDDING JUNE 9th

Hi Everyone! June 9th I am having my wedding  AND reception in a field near the Sequatchie river. I am very excited and LOVE the idea of everything I have planned but i'm just wondering if anyone has any tips. Some are saying the heat is going to ruin the wedding. What do you think? Not planning on having any tents. 

Re: OUTDOOR WEDDING JUNE 9th

• You are going to melt and have a lot of mosquito-bitten and sunburnt guests if you don't have tents and citronella.

• We almost roasted at DD's birthday party in our backyard on the first weekend in June.  I'd see about getting tents & ask them about a way to cool it.  I know they put heaters in tents in cooler weather. I'd at least get hand fans for the ceremony.
  • I agree with what PP's have said- What time is your ceremony? I would think about having it later in the day when it will be somewhat cooler (hopefully) and really seriously consider a tent- if that isn't doable then I would go above and beyond to provide things for your guests to ensure they are comfortable- hand fans, cooling cloths, bug repellant wipes, etc.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate to agree, but yeah, a June wedding by a river in Tennessee is asking for a billion bug bites, and it doesn't matter what time of day. In the daytime it will be chiggers and biting flies; in the nighttime it will be mosquitoes.

I think it's a great idea, but definitely stock up on bug spray, citronella candles, and big old fans to maybe blow some of the bugs away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards