Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Let's go drink some beer!

We are getting married on Cinco de Mayo and having a fajita bar for dinner.  These are the four beers I was considering:

Fat Tire (non-negotiable)
Newcastle
Dos Equis
Bud Light

Is that a good mix? Would you be satisfied with at least one of those options?
(We will also have sangria, a red wine and two white wines, one being sweet and the other not.)
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's go drink some beer!

• I'd be good with either the Bud Light or any of the non-sweet wines. I'm down! 
  • Fat tire is a good selection and appeals to a lot of beer drinkers. It is a good "safe" choice and I do not know a single person that does not like it.
  • That's a great selection, I'm not a big beer drinker but bud light works in a a pinch!  Also the sangria and wine should leave everyone happy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Only thing I wanted to mention is I would make the Dos Equis the amber kind. If you have Bud Light, you have the lager folks pretty well taken care of already :)
    Sept 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
    But instead of yellow, mine will be peridot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the opinions gals.

I hesitate to change the Dos Equis to Amber because we already have an amber ale (Fat Tire) and a brown ale (Newcastle). If we do regular Dos Equis then everyone has a choice of two different lagers and two different ales.

Would Corona be a better option than Dos Equis?

I need to buy 8.5 cases.  I am thinking:
    3 cases of Bud Light
    3 cases of Fat Tire,
    1 case + a 6 pack of New Castle
    1 case + a 6 pack of Dos Equis

Does that sound about right?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good choices..  I might would add a wheat beer if possible too,
  • I'd drink anything but Bud Light. But I might switch out the New Castle for something darker, maybe even Guiness (which is a "lighter" dark beer, but darker nonetheless).
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards