Ohio-Columbus
Options

DIY Flower Man

I'm thinking about doing my bridal party flowers along with the help of my mom and sister. I was thinking about taking the one day DIY class with the Flower Man in Columbus and possible order my flowers through them as well. Does anyone have experience with the Flower Man? Looking for some advice.

Thanks. 

Re: DIY Flower Man

• Options
    I will be going with The Flowerman and the DIY option. Melissa is very nice and it seems the florists will be very involved in helping you make the arrangements. I'm not going to go to the one day class. I'm just going to wait until its time to make my wedding arrangments. The price was also right for me. Good luck in your decision!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Depends on how much work you want to put into it. I really considered the Flowerman, but there were a few reasons I chose not to go that route. 

First, I'm planning from out of state so I only have the couple days before the wedding to worry about it and due to the fact that I'll have a ton of other details to worry about, it just wasn't worth the stress.

Second, I know little to nothing about flowers and was worried about how they would turn out and I'm also a little bit of a control freak so having other people help would cause me a lot of anxiety. But that's just me!

Third, I found more than one florist that quoted about the same price as the Flowerman, thus it was worth it for me to outsource and I could trust that a florist will create the appropriate arrangements and care for my flowers properly (I would have no idea how to store my pre-made arrangements and I am told hydrangeas are tough to care for).

HTH! 
  • Options
    I had a meeting with Melissa and really liked her and the concept of the flowers.  I then had a few meetings with other florist that included them putting together the arrangments, bringing them to the venue, and setting everything up....they were all cheaper than the flowerman.  I still don't understand how the flowerman is more expensive when you have to do everything, but I would encourage you to still look around!
  • Options
    I met with the flowerman as well, when we considered real flowers. they were really easy to work with and very helpful, she had a fairly good price and really spent a lot of time with you looking at each type of flower, which helped because i had no idea what i wanted. They were fairly reasonable on prices, i just decided that flowers were not that important to me and we went with silks. But i know a lot of ladies on the FB page use them
  • Options
    I'm getting the majority of my flowers from Sam's Club online. I'm meeting with Flowerman soon to see if I can get some more obsure things from them in bulk though. Does anyone know some other resources for buying flowers in bulk?
  • Options
    Blooms Direct in Grandview on Goodale is a flower wholesale shop.  You can check them out, too! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_diy-flower-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:40ce41ca-9de7-4371-b49e-338aa533c33dPost:039418b7-24c6-4cc5-ba03-cacb62802faf">DIY Flower Man</a>:
    I too am considering Flower Man and have an appointment with them at the end of the month.  Budget is my driver for choosing them, can those of you who found cheaper flowers elsewhere tell us where?  Thanks much!

[QUOTE]I'm thinking about doing my bridal party flowers along with the help of my mom and sister. I was thinking about taking the one day DIY class with the Flower Man in Columbus and possible order my flowers through them as well. Does anyone have experience with the Flower Man? Looking for some advice. Thanks. 
    Posted by kgayle2001[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Which florists did you talk with? Im finding it difficult finding afforable pricing!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards