Delaware
Options

Having panic attacks...

Hi All!

So I've been out of town on/off for a few weeks and I got on TK and realized I am 45 days away!  OMG is all I can say!  Tomorrow is my first dress fitting and until about 10 minutes ago I had no one to go with me cause my MOH has been MIA since the shower last month!

Our Best Man got married 2 weeks ago and his wedding just reminded me of alot of little things I didn't realize I needed to do till now!  My RSVP date is in 8 days and only 109 of the 212 guests have RSVP'd.  I want my stamps back people!

Ok - thanks for letting me vent. Cool
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Having panic attacks...

• Options
    JennLonginoJennLongino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    breathe in. whoooooooooooo
    breath out ahhhhhhhhhh

lol. Man. I couldn't imagine being at that stage yet. I'm already having panic attacks and I havent even found a venue! Good luck! Everything will fall into place :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Literally take one task on at a time, it'll all get done!  Bug FI to help or give input every night if you need to.

I know with my wedding, everyone acted like it was sooooo far away (except FI and I) and now that we're down to just over 2 weeks everyone else is in shock that its so close and they havent made all the plans they needed to (like hotels and stuff).

Just breathe  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Lists, lists, lists.  Excel spreadsheets are your friend.  Or maybe just mine, but they really help me :)  I swear I look at them 5 times a day even though they don't change.  I've definitely hit a kind of 1 month slump where it feels like it's never going to get here and the end of the world must be sometime between now and August 14th because this whole thing isn't actually going to happen, haha.

ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok - breathing helped.  I really am having panic attacks - to breathe I am having to take walks around the block sometimes.  I'm hoping this will pass soon considering I still have 6 weeks to go!

I think maybe today I will try to make a list of what needs to be done and Excel it.  Just check it off and be done with it.  I am usually such a laid back person till now!
    I think its just because this is one of those things you only do once - so its not like you have practice!  Everytime I think I'm done, someone keeps telling me I forgot something.

It feels good knowing I'm not the only one though!  Thanks all!

P.S. - I need a smiley face that looks tired and relieved at the same time!
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't agree more with the lists suggestion.  I'm still over two months out, but I'm finding this is the time when all of the "little things" start coming to mind.  I keep a list on my iPhone of everything I need to make/buy/confirm/etc.  I can constantly check the list to see what needs to be done (and boy do I ever do that) and it feels good to delete something off the list when it's done.  It's also easy to add more things as needed.  For me, with more time left, I've been making it my goal to complete at least one item off the list per day.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Koretta - How did your first fitting go???????

• Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
         My fitting was PERFECT!  I was a wreck going into it!  My friend that I got to go with me was a few minutes late coming from Philly but we got to the Alfred Angelo in MD in time! 

Guess what - the dress fits perfect!  All I needed was a bustle!  No hems or anything else!  Such a relief! 

Now that I have that out of the way and I'm just checking everything else off lists, I'm good to go now! Breathing so much better - lol!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!! I am nowhere near that stress yet! My stress is just starting. But after watching every episode of Say Yes to the Dress... I feel your previous anxiety!! Definately worth smiling over - a perfect dress fitting - just what you needed :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards