Christian Weddings
Options

NWR: Sad news today

My mother called me this morning as I was on my way to work and told me that my grandfather passed away early today. He had stopped eating a couple of days ago, and then went in to respiratory arrest. I feel awful that I can't be with my family right now, especially my dad. He doesn't show emotion very much, but this is so hard for him. We all knew his father was going to die sooner rather than later, but grandpa is still the first of my grandparents to pass away. He was a missionary, and lived his life well. I know he's in Heaven. Please pray for me and my family during this grieving period.

Re: NWR: Sad news today

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Praying for you and your family, az.  My grandfather passed away from cancer almost 8 years ago.  I know it sucks.  Hope you are able to be with your family soon.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_nwr-sad-news-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:4876627a-604b-492e-876d-3c8842a76296Post:c0769c2f-84ec-4876-b3b5-2e583f3c40e4">NWR: Sad news today</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mother called me this morning as I was on my way to work and told me that my grandfather passed away early today. He had stopped eating a couple of days ago, and then went in to respiratory arrest. I feel awful that I can't be with my family right now, especially my dad. He doesn't show emotion very much, but this is so hard for him. We all knew his father was going to die sooner rather than later, but grandpa is still the first of my grandparents to pass away. He was a missionary, and lived his life well. I know he's in Heaven. Please pray for me and my family during this grieving period.
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.  I lost my grandpa in 2008 and it was very difficult too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's tough.  I lost my grandmother last November and it was really really hard on me.  So sorry for your loss.  I'll keep you in my prayers. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm very sorry for your loss and that you cannot be with your family right now.  You all will be in my prayers.  It's hard because on one hand you know that your grandfather served God and is in an amazing place now, but I'm sure you'll miss him and you understand that you are not the only one who will be missing him.  **hugs**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sympathies to you and your family. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will pray for your family. I know it is not easy. He is home now with the Lord. 
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm terribly sorry to hear your sad news.  As we say in the Orthodox Christian faith to which I belong, memory eternal.  The memory of your grandfather will be eternal in all of your hearts, as well as with God, even though he may be gone from this world.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you at this time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My condolences, OP. My grandfaher passed just two months before my wedding, too. 

Where did he serve as a missionary?
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He served in Korea for over 30 years. I have a friend who is Korean, and she is looking up information about him for me. She is going to translate anything she finds! I really didn't know him, so it is really neat to learn more about who he was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards