January 2012 Weddings

RSVP worries

Our RSVP date is December 7th which is a week from tomorrow.  We are actually holding two seperate weddings on two consecutive days and sent seperate rsvps for each. We sent out 113 times 2 invites I believe and have only recieved 40 something back per wedding. When is it time for me to start making contact with people that have not sent theirs back. Final counts need to be in by December 16th and i am worried I wont be able to get a hold of everyone by then. What do I do if RSVPs for yes come in after the 16th?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: RSVP worries

• I'd say make the calls, but also still include those ppl that may have missed the deadline.  (If it's within reason!)

I have the same situation.  I've asked my guests to RSVP by the 30th November - already gone!  I've invited 230 guests to my Private Reception - Admit Card required for entry.  So far, only 93 have RSVP-ed.  The others don't seem to take it seriously, but this is crucial... I do not intend to pay additional cash on my wedding day for ppl who just decide to show up.   I know waayy too many ppl to just let everyone come.  All I asked was for everyone to go onto our website to RSVP....it takes 10 seconds.    I knew there would be stragglers, so I extended the date on the website to accept additional RSVPs.  After a while, I'm going to take it off and they'll have to personally contact me or my FI.

I'm just amazed at how ppl have no regard and consideration for the bridge/groom and the money it takes to have a nice wedding. 
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Visit Winter.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_rsvp-worries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d113e37b-b045-4bbe-aa9f-c894974a7d73Post:e2bcd037-7712-46f2-95f3-6e4cb46abab5">Re: RSVP worries</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just amazed at how ppl have no regard and consideration for the bridge/groom and the money it takes to have a nice wedding. 
    Posted by MrsCheavis[/QUOTE]

Saldy, it's a combination of "not their money", unless you're married and did it this way (ie. not JoP) most people have no idea what it costs to feed even 100 people, and most people just aren't invited to events where it matters if they RSVP or not so they figure "It'll be fine if I just show up."

I almost had my reception on the local military base.  Guests are put on a list and if you're not on the list you don't get past the gate.  They wanted $2-4k FOR THE ROOM!  Nothing else.  That killed that idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards