Outdoor Weddings
Options

Private Estate Wedding? Where do you find them?!

It seems like everytime I fall in love with someones wedding photos and think, "That would be the PERFECT venue!", I scroll down to the end of the blog to read:

Venue: Private Estate in "blah blah blah."

Where do these people find these perfect estates that are willing to host their wedding?

I have searched vacation rental websites but even after finding a big house on the ocean and a huge yard, an inquiry to the real estate agent leads to me hearing "no events."

Is it just the luck of knowing someone with a gigantic beautiful house with enough space to host over 100 people?

I would love some insight! 

Thank you,
Faye

Re: Private Estate Wedding? Where do you find them?!

• Options
    Connections.  You need to have someone who knows the owner.   It is referred to as "private" for a reason.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    I'm not sure where you're located, but where I'm at, they were easy to find on wedding venue sites.  Or does that not count as private?

Ashley

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_private-estate-wedding-where-do-you-find-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:d41616a3-4543-47bd-a5dc-128c3d36d6a4Post:7f6e6609-fec8-44bb-bb5c-564232647cf1">Private Estate Wedding? Where do you find them?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It seems like everytime I fall in love with someones wedding photos and think, "That would be the PERFECT venue!", I scroll down to the end of the blog to read: Venue: Private Estate in "blah blah blah." Where do these people find these perfect estates that are willing to host their wedding? I have searched vacation rental websites but even after finding a big house on the ocean and a huge yard, an inquiry to the real estate agent leads to me hearing "no events." Is it just the luck of knowing someone with a gigantic beautiful house with enough space to host over 100 people? I would love some insight!  Thank you, Faye
    Posted by fayemousrex[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    This company has lots of estate homes in different areas. I believe they all will do events.
    http://www.bellapalazzo.net/pages/
    We were thinking about this, but decided against it, but did speak to them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    A great place to start your search is the private estate directory at www.estateweddingsandevents.com.  Most of the estates are in California, but  many around the world.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards