Georgia-Atlanta

Sunday Wedding - Officiant and hair and makeup??

Hello! I am probably going to book a Sunday wedding as my venue is much cheaper on  a Sunday. My ceremony would start at 12:30 pm. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for an officiant that would be available on a Sunday afternoon? 

Also, hair and makeup! Most salons are closed on Sundays, and it seems like the ones that are open Sundays do not open until noon or later. Does anyone have a referral for a salon is open early on Sundays in Gwinnett county? 

Re: Sunday Wedding - Officiant and hair and makeup??

• It's not a salon, but I used Trio Hair and Makeup. They do on site work. It would be worth asking them if they're available! They do great work and are very reasonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would second looking for an on-site hair and make-up person.  The ones I looked at were the same price as salons were quoting, and I don't have to worry about transporting myself and my OOT bridesmaids the morning of the wedding.  Trio will have a mileage charge (they are based in Marietta and my wedding is in Norcross the mileage fee will be $40) but they were still the least expensive option I was looking at. 
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • Does Trio work on Sundays too?
  • <div>Hi,</div><div>
    </div><div>I am actually a photographer, and on some of our photo shoots we use a make-up artist named Keisha, here in Atlanta.  You can see her work at <a href="http://www.cainscamera.com," rel="nofollow">www.cainscamera.com,</a> under the gallery labelled Katie Sarah-Bridge Boutique.  If interested, email us through the site, and I can send you her information. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also in case you are in need of engagement photos or in case you have yet to find a wedding photographer, take a look at our work on the site as well, <a href="http://www.cainscamera.com." rel="nofollow">www.cainscamera.com.</a>  We are very affordable, and we produce great quality images.  Our weddings are only $750, and engagement photo sessions are $250. </div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck with everything!  </div><div>
    </div><div>~Sylvia </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_sunday-wedding-officiant-and-hair-and-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:d7d81602-39be-4f5a-8a04-e4fedb881323Post:d9897fff-4b48-47b9-81ba-5288a3431a8b">Sunday Wedding - Officiant and hair and makeup??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I am probably going to book a Sunday wedding as my venue is much cheaper on  a Sunday. My ceremony would start at 12:30 pm.  Does anyone have a recommendation for an officiant that would be available on a Sunday afternoon?  Also, hair and makeup! Most salons are closed on Sundays, and it seems like the ones that are open Sundays do not open until noon or later. Does anyone have a referral for a salon is open early on Sundays in Gwinnett county? 
    Posted by samiatownsend[/QUOTE]
  • I live in Gwinnett as well, working on my officiant right now, I'll post as to who I decide and what I find out about others. As for hair and makeup, my cousin does awesome makeup, as for hair both my cousins had theirs done by Jennifer Hunt-Bulter.  She also did most of the wedding party’s hair too.  678-488-1056 and the Salon# is 678-482-9236.  She works out of Nova Salon off of Lawrenceville-Suwanee. My cousin's name is Yen. Not sure if they give discounts on referrals, probably not, but worth a try. I'm calling her today actually. Let me know if you need any more help, I'm 34 days til wedding and am a pro at this by now! 
  • You could try local judges if you are not having a religious ceremony.  Court is not in session and many county courts have lists of judges who will make outside appointments to come on site for marriages.  I ended up not using them, but Fulton County has a list of several judges so check your county web site.

I would second on site hair and makeup.  My normal salon girl is willing to do it for me on site and her price was only slightly more per person then I pay for a cut and style there.  If you don't have a huge wedding party you can likely ask your regular stylist rather then the salon, too.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards