DC
Options

Good cigar rollers in DC/MD/VA?

Hi Ladies,Do you know of any good cigar rollers that could be used during my reception? I am Cuban and I think it would be a nice personal touch - especially since my family loves cigars!XOXOKathy
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Good cigar rollers in DC/MD/VA?

• Options
    kelliruskellirus member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    contact one of the "old virginia tobacco" find the local to you and call them, they can let you know if there is anyone local! Good luck that sounds like an awsome idea!!
  • Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've really started to love this idea after watching Master's of Reception. My fiance and his friends all got really into cigars when our son was born and I think it'd be a nice little treat for him, so if you find someone good please let me know!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For OVTC- Call Seven Corners, Pentagon City, or Kingstowne and ask for Bill (they should be able to tell you which store he is at which day), he should be able to help you.www.ovtc.com
  • Options
    cbm3228cbm3228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Recommend you page "sarajavad"  she did this at her reception and it was amazing!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kathy and other ladies!  I surprised my DH with a cigar roller at our wedding b/c he is majorly into cigars (as are my Dad and a bunch of DH's friends).  It was a huge hit!We used Kristian Estevez who was recommended to me by the cigar shiop DH used to buy cigars from in Reston (the name escapes me).I thought he was fairly reasonable, compared to some of the national chains I'd seen last year.  We met, I told him what kind of cigars DH liked and he even put our custom cigar bands on the cigars for us (I mailed them to him ahead of time).He rolls probably at least 50 or so live and comes with a bunch already done for people to take off the table.  It was really cool and everyone loved it!Let me know if you'd like his info and I can tell you how much I was charged last year (keep in mind I booked him at least 18 months ago, so I'm sure prices have gone up), but just to give you an idea of what you might be looking at.
  • Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sarajavadCould you provide me with that info?spuliafico@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes!!! Please email me at kathylopez02@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi sarajavad - Not sure if you will see this, but I would love the cigar information as well! Many thanks, Jenn (jennifer_marciante@yahoo.com)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I am an event/weddingplanner in DC - alot of the events I plan are in National Harbor and the surrounding areas. Budgets are big and my clients are discering about everything and THEY KNOW CIGARS.

Cigar rollers for events are great but the feature has to be done right and I have gone through a great deal  of "trial and error" over 3 years regarding cigar roller requests - my information here is gold.

This industry thrives off of Brides that only get one shot to get it right and the Brides never think of some key issues not realized until the Wedding Reception.

First off - STAY AWAY from any cigar shop that are in business to sell cigars retail and now magically claim they do cigar rolling - they are "farming out" your information to someone that can roll cigars and THAT'S WHERE IT ENDS, meaning;
    - a cigar roller is just that, they are NOT entertainers - they will come to the reception roll the cigars, won't ever look up and can't interact with guests and often don't speak English - this is 99% of all vendors - especially in to 500.00 to 700.00 price range (you will get what you pay for)
    - the cigars are low end - these guys know that you (the Bride or any female) are buying this cigar rolling feature for a cigar lover in your life however, they will bring the cheapest tobacco possible as these vendors are SMALL BUSINESSES that simply don't have the access top the real cigars - the guys will know at the event which is too late.
    - Brides never ask about the size of cigars or the tobacco - this is the most common "maneuver" I have seen, Brides focus on teh roller time like a conventional vendor but they never know what size cigar they are getting and also, low quality toabacco is what gives cigars the bad reputation they have - they stink! Ask you fiance or his best man, you have to spend for premium cigars so don;t give them "local level" product that they would not smoke in the everyday life.
    - the rollers are people that you would NOT want at your wedding or anyplace else for that matter. Some of these guys I wouldn't trust not to steal the hubcaps from the cars in the lot.

Cigar Rollers - how to do it right
    - get a company with some sort of strong branding - I know who to go to but will not use this forum to promote anyone. Any company with ACCOUNTABILITY and a strong public presence will do well and the feature will be successful

- use your common sense, if you are getting everything for around 500.00, you will not get what you want - GO WITH BRAND NAME CIGARS ONLY WITHOUT THE ROLLER to ensure you are giving out real cigars - the guys will appreciate this and the photographer will still get great photos - you won't be any less successful without the cigar roller.

- if it sounds like your getting alot, you are getting garbage - buyer beware

Use your common sense. You want an entertainer that rolls quality cigars not a cigar roller trying to be an entertainer.

Good Luck

• Options
    Sarajavad could you please email this info as well? Tina1227@ymail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards