Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Signature Drink...

Is anyone thinking of doing this or did anyone do this? We are thinking of having beer, wine and a signature drink at the reception. If you did this - did it end up saving you money and what kind of drink did you go with? I would like to have something pink since our colors are pink and black.
I'm more or less concerned that it's not going to save us any money whatsoever because host prices for premium drinks are 6.00 so whether they drink my signature drink or we had a full bar of their premuim liquor its still 6.00/drink. My only hope is that if we did a signature drink the guys would stick to beer because of it being a 'girly drink' and then consume less (money wise) in the end.
image 190 Invitations mailed
image 118 Are ready to party!
image 12 Are missing out
image 60 Are going to make me call them
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Signature Drink...

• Options
    What about a white wine sangria with some sort of pink in it?
    Or a pink lemonade martini?

I'm not sure what you like to drink, but if there is a favorite drink that you have, and you can make it pink, do it that way.  A "signature" drink is something that is supposed to reflect you and the groom.
  • Options
    We had a full open bar, but I still chose a signature drink to be promoted to go with our theme so I have no idea if it would have helped save money since it was all apart of our wedding package. But ours was pink and we named it "Butterfly Kiss" which was a Cotton Candy Martini. It was comprised of vodka, amaretto, and pink lemonade. Very yummy!
  • Options

depends on what color of pink you want.

Watermelon margarita- its a deeper pink color
    (also one of my signature drinks)

Pink lemondae martini- a lighter pink color

Theres alot of pink colored drinks, just add grapefruit juice :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_signature-drink-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:5694f1a2-5ff0-46c8-9ea7-629422b0f4e5Post:98e5dd24-0ea6-4e56-a2b1-ab2da0fc5633">Re: Signature Drink...</a>:
    [QUOTE]depends on what color of pink you want. Watermelon margarita- its a deeper pink color (also one of my signature drinks) Pink lemondae martini- a lighter pink color Theres alot of pink colored drinks, just add grapefruit juice :)
    Posted by katheriner89[/QUOTE]

What all is in your watermelon margarita, sounds yummy! I had one watermelon drink that was watermelon puree, vodka and sprite. It was actually really good but i could see that being too sweet to drink on all night.
    image 190 Invitations mailed
    image 118 Are ready to party!
    image 12 Are missing out
    image 60 Are going to make me call them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The one I will be serving is just like the one from Longhorn Steakhouse.
    (not sure if you live near one, if you do, go try one!)

I'll copy & paste it:

Watermelon margarita1 oz. Don Julio- Blancosmirnoff watermelon (1/2 shot) 2 pumps of Monin Watermelon syrup
    splash of grenadine and sour mix

It is so good!
    Having a signature drink will save money as to having an open bar, you only have to get certain things :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter, although having a full bar, is also having a signature drink.  They are also doing margaritas!  The watermelon flavor sounds fantastic!

Not sure if this helps or not, but there was another thread not too long ago with a very clever idea.  They offered 4 signature drinks based on the themes....something old, something blue, something borrowed and something new!  They tried to think of 4 different drinks that would appeal to all tastes.  One blue suggestion was a blue hawaiian....a borrowed drink was a martini from a James Bond movie.....old could be an old fashioned....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards