Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Discounts from photographers?

So i am going to meet my top choice photographers next week for the first time and hopefully pick one.  Any tips for what to look for?  I know that i don't care abt getting pics form them b/c i can print online...same goes for the books (check out shutterbug if you want to diy).  I just want the copyright release and a disk.  What is a good length to have the photographer for?  I'm getting married at 430 and the reception starts at 6....is 6 hours too short?

Also, what kinds of discounts have you guys been able to get out of a photographer?  I'm getting married on a sunday and the dj is gonna give me a discount will the photographer?  I'm gonna ask but want to know other people's luck.

Re: Discounts from photographers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The discount really depends on the photographer, but I think most are willing to discount for Sundays.

We had our photographer for 10 hours. Which covered us pre-ceremony to the end or our reception.

To get an idea of what you should be looking for you can download a list of questions to ask your photographer during your interview here.

http://www.soulfulengagements.com/1/post/2009/11/photographer-interview-questions.html
  • Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You do not need a copyright release to print your own photos. You just need the agreement to say you have "personal use" rights. Buying the copyright is expensive and covers far more than you need.

Also, in regard to how much time to hire them for, if you would like getting ready photos, make sure to add that in. Then I would keep them until at least 1-1 1/2 hours after dancing begins. So you need to estimate how long dinner will run and then add on the 1-1 1/2 hours for dancing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards