Louisiana-New Orleans

Where are some best kept secret places for parking for Dome games

We are going to the LSU/bama game, and find a better place to park, any ideas or is there even such a place? Like Park and ride in, or something crazy like that...

Re: Where are some best kept secret places for parking for Dome games

• LOL if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret, would it?

Fiance and I have season tickets for the Saints.  If it's not wet outside we have parked in several places:

(1)  On Poydras several blocks North of the Superdome.  Usually there will be parking in front of this condominium complex.  It's also relatively easily getting out from there to head towards Metairie/Kenner/Baton Rouge.

(2)  On Tulane across from I think it's St. Joseph's church near Claiborne.

(3)  In lots off of Canal Street a couple blocks past Claiborne if you're headed towards downtown/Harrah's, which tend to be much cheaper than the lots near the Superdome.

(4)  As far as park and ride, I would park on Canal Street by Jefferson Davis Pkwy. or a little closer to downtown and take the streetcar downtown until you are one or two stops past Claiborne, where you will be a direct walk of about six blocks to the Superdome.  You can catch a cab back to your car after the game or take the streetcar back, but if you take the streetcar it's better to walk a few blocks up Canal and catch it closer to downtown because it picks up more and more people as it goes along.

If it's wet you can park in one of the garages near the Superdome but they tend to be very overpriced and a nightmare to get out of.  If it's not raining when you get there I suggest going ahead and parking and then taking a cab back to your car if it's wet when you leave the game, there should be plenty of them right by the stadium looking for fares!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • We always park at a Central Parking lot that's at the corner of Loyola and Girod. The Dome is just a short walk down Girod Street from there and it's super easy to get out of after.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards