Rhode Island

Can Anyone Recommend a Roman Catholic priest or deacon (RI)?

I'm getting married at St Dominic Chapel at Providence College and need to make arrangements for a Roman Catholic priest or deacon to officiate at my wedding....anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Roman Catholic priest or deacon (RI)?

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at PC! :)  When's your wedding?

We are getting married by Father David Green from St. Kevin's in Warwick.  We are members of the parish, so I don't know if that matters, but he is a really nice guy and easy to work with.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_can-anyone-recommend-roman-catholic-priest-deacon-ri?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:cd242c9d-7766-4673-8e85-b59b9cd6b063Post:d11b7b06-08c5-45fe-af37-13aabc65ca67">Can Anyone Recommend a Roman Catholic priest or deacon (RI)?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at St Dominic Chapel at Providence College and need to make arrangements for a Roman Catholic priest or deacon to officiate at my wedding....anyone have any recommendations?
    Posted by jenandkeith2011[/QUOTE]

You're likely going to have to ask the priest from your own parish
    I tried to find another Roman Catholic priest to marry us at St. Thomas More but my priest wouldn't travel more than 10 miles. So I looked all over, including calling my high school to see if the priest there would marry me and to no avail

They said asking your own parish to do the wedding was really my only option. I'd start there first.
    If you find a deacon willing to travel not in your parish please let me know!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is 7/30/11, priest from our parish is not available....so may be an issue.

Let me know if you have any other ideas! Thanks for the help.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations,
    St. Dominic's is a beautiful chapel. I am an Old Catholic priest (not Roman) from a parish up the street. I'm not sure what PC's policy is concerning non-Roman Catholic priests celebrating sacraments in the chapel, but if you needed an Old Catholic priest I would be available on that date. It would be considered valid and you could still get it solemized in a small ceremony on another date with your home pastor. Just another option if no other option is available.
    Many blessings,
    Fr. Jakob
  • edited December 2011
    Fr Jacob,

could you please email me privately at emilylong58@yahoo.com? I was just reading this post and also am in need of a catholic priest. 

Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    I am sorry... I meant Fr Jakob... I spelt it wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Fr Jakob,

My daughter and her fiance are in need of a catholic priest to perform their wedding ceremony in Newport on April 2, 2011. Could you please email her privately at miss.emily.jackson@gmail.com? Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are PC grads :)

Have you asked the PC wedding coordinator about the ordained clergy on campus?  Are they not available?
  • edited December 2011
    Fr. Jakob, Do you perform ceromonies for Catholic couples getting married in a Unitarian church? If so, please email me at stone7911@gmail.com. Thank you so much! Amy
  • edited December 2011
    Hello Father Jakob,
    I am also getting married in Newport and i'm not having a problem finding a church, but no priests are available on December 3rd of 2011.  My Fiance and I just got engaged in April and because of a reduction in price for the winter season, we aren't able to wait the traditional year of an engagement.  Are you available Dec 3rd 2011?  Or possibly know another Catholic Priest who would be willing to travel?  We are looking at St. Mary's in Bristol, RI.

Thank you!
    c10hanke@hotmail.com
    Colleen
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    c10hanke

I suggested on Ceremony Ideas that you contact Portsmouth Abby for a priest.

Any follow up there?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_can-anyone-recommend-roman-catholic-priest-deacon-ri?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:cd242c9d-7766-4673-8e85-b59b9cd6b063Post:5de3646b-5d28-43ca-9ba7-cfe25f62df09">Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Roman Catholic priest or deacon (RI)?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations, St. Dominic's is a beautiful chapel. I am an Old Catholic priest (not Roman) from a parish up the street. I'm not sure what PC's policy is concerning non-Roman Catholic priests celebrating sacraments in the chapel, but if you needed an Old Catholic priest I would be available on that date. It would be considered valid and you could still get it solemized in a small ceremony on another date with your home pastor. Just another option if no other option is available. Many blessings, Fr. Jakob

HELLO FR. JAKOB,
    I WAS WONDERING IF YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT. MY DAUGHTER IS GETTING MARRIED AT OCEAN CLIFF IN NEWPORT, RI ON APRIL 13, 2013. SHE HAS BEEN SEARCHING FOR A PRIEST TO PERFORM THE CEREMONY; HOWEVER, TO NO AVAIL. WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE CEREMONY?  CAN YOU KINDLY RESPOND TO ME AT dbex2003@gmail.com?  THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION & TIME.
    Darlene Bexiga
  • HELLO FR. JAKOB,

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT. MY DAUGHTER IS GETTING MARRIED AT OCEAN CLIFF IN NEWPORT, RI ON APRIL 13, 2013. SHE HAS BEEN SEARCHING FOR A PRIEST TO PERFORM THE CEREMONY; HOWEVER, TO NO AVAIL.

WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE CEREMONY?  CAN YOU KINDLY RESPOND TO ME AT dbex2003@gmail.com? 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION & TIME.
    Darlene Bexiga

• Hi Fr. Jakob,

You seem to be getting so many responces so not sure if you still have the time, but if you do I am getting married on Saturday, July 27th in RI and also looking for a priest.  If you're not availble perhaprs you can recomend someone.  I appreciate it.  My email is alev8342@yahoo.com

Thank you,
    Ashley

• Dear Father Jakob,
    My daughter is getting married at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Newport, RI on 11/2/13. We would
    like a Catholic Priest or Deacon to perform the ceremony. My email is:jwc525@msn.com
    If you can be of any assistance please let me know. Thanking in advvance for your time and
    consideration.
    Respectfully,

Joanne Castricone

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards