Military Brides

Planning by myself

My fiance just left for bmt in the USAF yesterday. We're planning on a late May wedding next year. I'm starting to organize everything planning wise but I'm going to wait until he gets his first leave to help decide things with me. The way I see it is that its our wedding not just mine and I want it to be just as special for him as it is for me. With time so limiting, what things do you think I can hold off on,and what things do you think I need to decide now on my own?

P.S. we were planning on a dark blue as our wedding color to match his dress blues, any great style or theme tips for that? I'm desperate for input, I am overwhelmed doing it alone!

<3 TeaCup

Re: Planning by myself

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    https://sites.google.com/site/milnestfaq/military-wedding-pictures

Here's a bunch of wedding pics that a bunch of Nesties put together. Very few of them were matchy. 

I hate Dave Ramsey
  • nancymerchantnancymerchant member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I defnitely know how that feels, I am planning my own wedding as well and my fiancee is Military. Have you decided on what you wanted to use for decorations and centerpieces? Dark blue is a great color to go with. If you need any help, let me know. I am also a professional event planner so I have the experience!
    I am not only the future bride I am also my own Wedding Planner. Ask me how I can get you centerpieces and decorations FREE! Nancy Merchant 573-576-5258 www.candlepartys.com
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_planning-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ce12dd3f-776c-4d75-9136-75fc937ede2bPost:339ada67-8803-473d-b0e6-9cce37ff65b2">Planning by myself</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance just left for bmt in the USAF yesterday. We're planning on a late May wedding next year. I'm starting to organize everything planning wise but I'm going to wait until he gets his first leave to help decide things with me. The way I see it is that its our wedding not just mine and I want it to be just as special for him as it is for me. With time so limiting, what things do you think I can hold off on,and what things do you think I need to decide now on my own? P.S. we were planning on a dark blue as our wedding color to match his dress blues, any great style or theme tips for that? I'm desperate for input, I am overwhelmed doing it alone! <3 TeaCup
    Posted by faithful2895[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you asked him what he wants to be involved in?  My H really wanted very little to do with the planning.  He was interested in the WP and attire, the venue, the menu, and the bar.  He couldn't have cared less about the flowers, chair covers, centerpieces, card box, etc.  I asked him in the beginning of the planning what he wanted to be involved in, and what he didn't really care about, and he told me.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Trust me, most guys don't want to be involved with or even hear about every little detail.  Some of the things I would narrow it down to a couple choices and ask him what he thought, or I would text him a pic of something I liked, and said if you hate this you have 15 minutes to tell me before I order/buy it.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards