Ohio-Northeast
Options

Ideas for outside locations for a fall wedding in/around the akron area? Falls, Akron etc.

Our wedding is in October of next year and we are hoping for an outdoor venue that will be able to showcase the leaves changing, any ideas? Thanks!

ETA: I was also hoping for a farm or barn...something possibly along those lines. I was considering Stan Hywett but unfortunately my SIL and Step Brother are having theirs there!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ideas for outside locations for a fall wedding in/around the akron area? Falls, Akron etc.

• Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could try Mapleside Farms, it's in Brunswick so not exactly where you want to be but it's definitely super nice there in the fall!
  • Options
    nppdesignsnppdesigns member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could also try the Botzum Farm. I have just saw them online, but it looks great!

Another amazing place is Gervasi Vineyard. It is in Plain Township, but gorgeous!

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Sarah's Vineyard Winery, right across from Blossom Music Center in Cuy. Falls. Also, the Great Hall at Happy Days in the CVNP (Peninsula) might be an option. It's definitely got a rustic vibe and is surrounded by trees. Oh, and how about Hale Farm in Bath?

If a bit more east would be ok, Thorncreek Winery in Aurora has a lovely patio area. And, I've not been to either of these personally, but Maize Valley Winery (Hartville) or the Winery at Wolf Creek (Norton?) might be worth checking out?

Good luck!
  • Options
    derrilynderrilyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another one is Hale Farm and Village.  And I'm getting married at Hudson Springs Park, it's beautiful and would be gorgeous in the fall.  Here are some pictures: http://family.webshots.com/album/575063019TJeVSc. You do have to know someone who lives in Hudson who would be willing to reserve the pavilion for you.  We found someone through FI's work.  And reserving it is free, just have to rent everything yourselves.  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about the Cuyahoga Valley National Park? There are lots of pretty areas there to get married and I know someone who had their reception at the Happy Days Lodge. Very rustic and great for a fall wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies these are great places and I will definitely look into them!
  • Options
    jmcgonagjmcgonag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into the Sheridon Suites in the Falls btu ened up at Squires Castle in Willoughby... Not Akron but a free castle venue with changing leaves... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at Gervasi Vineyard and I have to second that as a great outdoor location.  They have a "pavillion" but its really this beautiful Tuscan-inspired structure with stone floors and exposed wood beams and lighting.  It is situated right on a lake and has lots of trees/plants.  They also just opened "villas" on the property which are mini B&Bs basically that your guests could stay in.  Google thier website and you can see pics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Lake Forest CC in Hudson. outdoor ceremony space on lake with trees all around but a beautiful venue with several options for back up rain options adjacent and indoors. this venue is gorgeous and decently priced too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_ideas-outside-locations-fall-wedding-inaround-akron-area-falls-akron-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:a744a980-4fe6-4334-9188-c6bbcb8a3622Post:a8151a90-cbc1-453b-9413-b1ef46f22373">Re: Ideas for outside locations for a fall wedding in/around the akron area? Falls, Akron etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could also try the Botzum Farm. I have just saw them online, but it looks great! Another amazing place is Gervasi Vineyard. It is in Plain Township, but gorgeous!
    Posted by nppdesigns[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say that Gervasi Vineyard has AMAZING food. I would for sure have considered it if I were getting married outside. They do have a covered pavillion for the reception.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brandywine Falls is gorgeous in the fall but not very big. It would need to be a small ceremony to hold it on the deck there.

Also beautiful is the herb garden at Quail Hollow State Park. We toyed with that idea but discarded it because there are NO indoor facilities, not even for changing. It would be fantastic for a small wedding ceremony if you had a hotel somewhat nearby (not much in Hartville) to get ready at.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards