Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Breakouts

I was doing really good with a facial routine, but I think the added stress of my wedding day approaching has caused some breakouts. Lucky for me I have a makeup trial tomorrow night. Looks like I'll get to see how good she really is since I have an active breakout. If it comes out great then that's one less thing I'll have to worry about on the day of.

I really wish there were a miracle face cream that dissolved zits instantly. Hopefully it's in the works!
Anniversary

Re: Breakouts

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_breakouts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:62e20b4c-1098-4af5-974c-d80f91aec4a7Post:7e9cee30-fbcc-4965-a0ed-8c904a06402b">Breakouts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was doing really good with a facial routine, but I think the added stress of my wedding day approaching has caused some breakouts. Lucky for me I have a makeup trial tomorrow night. Looks like I'll get to see how good she really is since I have an active breakout. If it comes out great then that's one less thing I'll have to worry about on the day of. I really wish there were a miracle face cream that dissolved zits instantly. Hopefully it's in the works!
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

What is your facial routine? I'm thinking about getting montly facials 3 months out and then 2 the month of. I've never had a facial before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I use neutrogena cream face wash in the moring and in the evenig. Every few days I use an exfoliating face wash in the morning instead of the cream wash.

I use clean n clear dual moisturizer after washing my face in the morning and I use Alpha Hydrox basic face lotion in the evenings.

It was working out pretty good for a while. I might switch to Neutregena Advanced Systems. Only problem is it dries your face out.

I am planning on getting a facial soon as well. Monthly facials are definitely a good idea. Just make sure you let them know what kind of skin you have (oily,dry, prone to breakouts etc.). Better to get a head start on the facials just to see how your skin reacts to them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jwoftexasjwoftexas member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Go to Sephora and check out their Boscia products.   I bought the little black book for a travel kit, but my skin cleared up in a couple days and has stayed clear.  Also, if the products don't work for you, Sephora allows you to return them within 30 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They're expensive, but a Clarisonic is the best thing I have ever done for my skin. I have grossly oily, acne-prone skin and this thing has changed my skin completely - breakouts are pretty much non-existent, my pores are 100X smaller and my skin is significantly less oily. 

If you've never heard of it, look it up. They're a brush to wash your face with. Between $150 and $225, but TOTALLY worth it for me. QVC usually has them for easy-payments (you get it now, and they charge your credit or debit card a smaller amount for the next 4-6 months). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards