Florida-South Florida
Options

BMs flowers

What do you ladies think of girls holding just a single flower?? DO you think it'll look too plain?? My girls dresses are eggplant and their flowers were originally going to be various shades or purple.... but then I started to think it'll look like someone throw up purple all over them. LOL. I had seen a picture somewhere of BMs holding just a single white calla lily (i'll have HUGE bouquet of black calla lilies).... just not sure if this look unfinished....thoughts??

im going to try and find pictures!
DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: BMs flowers

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to do one flower also.  I didn't like the way it looked when I did a little trial.  So I ended up doing like 4 roses I think. But one calla I've seen before and it looks way better than one rose! ...I don't know if that helped you... Tongue out
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it could work, but I like the idea of the bouquet of diff. purples. I don't think it'll look bad at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think 1 calla will look fine! It looks nice, elegant, and crisp :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a single calla lily would look great against the color of their dresses, the color is very strong, so the flower would be minimal and calssy. IMHO...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like that idea. My friend had that and it worked. It was really pretty
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a single flower with a peacock feather? No? lol. Something other than flowers could work. But I also like the calla lilly idea! I don't think it will look incomplete as long as the dress, jewelry and hair are pretty enough. I make no sense.
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL had the BM do that at her wedding. Here is a photo:

I thought is was different. It looked clean and classy.
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think the callalily would look great, or if you did white roses for them would look good too.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the single cala lily will look good.

My girls are wearing lavender dresses and having a bouquet with lavender and darker purple flowers, so I think if you want a bouquet that would look good too.
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I am going against the grain here, but I dont really care for the single flower look. Again, thats JUST my opinion. I think with a color as rich as eggplant it would be spectacular to accent it with other purples. The one white calla just throws me off.

I had seen a picture of BEAUTIFUL purples done at Boca Beach Club for a Basketball player (I just saw as I looked it up that Maloman was his photog)....here is a picture of the brides bouquet. Its stunning. 

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jilly- I have disagree with you, even though RipHamiltons wife bouquet was gorgeous, I think it would look hideous to add that against an eggplant dress, there is a such thing as TOO much color, IMHO. I think it would be ugly to do purple dresses and shades of purple flowers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jilly - i totally get where you are coming from! thats why im on the fence...My issue is... eggplant is such a rich color that something like lilac may seem... too light?  I might take the calla lily like Lake showed us and wrap a deep purple ribbon around it so everything flows.....??? I do think it likes very clean!

thanks for the input girlies!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea Kaila I know what you mean and I wouldnt necessarily use those colors, I just like showing off purple against purple.
    Something about a SINGLE WHITE flower seems too stark of a contrast to me. I do however like a full bouquet of ivory. Maybe I'm just not into the single flower look, just MHO. 

On another note though, how gorgeous was Rip Hamilton's wedding?? 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    those centerpieces in the pictures... o.m.g...................i want htem. now. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally I think it could look really nice. Just depends on the flower and the dresses and the overall feel of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im not a big flower personal. at all. so there arent going to be many flowers... ceremont or reception wise. just TONS and TONS of candles. :)
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like the single flower look personally. I have seen where they have 3 or 4 and I think that makes it look nicer. Not sure about white, would you choose a color instead? I like Jen's idea of adding a peacock feather. Rip Hamilton's wedding was STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! It was weird to see him without his facemask on haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably gonna do the same thing... I would love a huge bouquet for me... and a single flower for my girls... or possibly 3 for each girl.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards