Michigan-Detroit

Engagement Session Ideas??

Who has recently done their engagement photo session? Where did you do it? I am having the hardest time coming up with ideas on where to have ours! I would love to find somewhere with a lot of color, and texture, but that's kind of hard to find in February!

Re: Engagement Session Ideas??

• courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've decided to wait until spring to get our engagement pictures done. They'll be at a park in Toledo where we spend alot of time with our dog when the weather is nice (he'll be in a few shots too).

It's definitely harder in the winter, hope you get some good ideas.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just peeked at your bio page and see you are not getting married until October. If you want your engagement pics for your STD's, they really don't have to be mailed until 4-6 months before if you'd rather wait for nicer weather and an outdoor option.

I'd ask your photographer where they typically take indoor engagement pics. They usually have several ideas. Some public places (libraries, historic buildings) frown on this and actually charge for the use of their facilities. Check with your wedding venue also, if it's nice enough, they may allow you to use it if they have an area you like.

Good luck.

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours on Belle Isle in Detroit.  It definitely had a lot of texture and cool places.  I have some of my favorites in my Bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to wait until the snow is gone,  but I am planning on getting the save the dates out by end of May/June, but I need to add a couple off weeks for turn around on our pictures from our photographer and then a week or some for printing (my sister is doing that, and she is in Dallas). So, I have to account for about a month of production.
    Belle Isle is pretty, but we had some friends that did there e session there... I thought about Cranbrook, but we would have to get a permit. Probably just end up wandering around downtown Detroit. Also, either pray for lots of snow, or no snow/slush!
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into Cranbrook for pics after our wedding.  If your photographer is not one of their contracted photographers you can't do them there and if they are the still charge a fee.  What about the Henry Ford Museum.  They are open to that and we are looking in to doing our there or at Greenfield village. 
  • Spartan325Spartan325 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine at The Henry Ford Museum, it was unusual and a lot of fun. I'm having my wedding there though, so call and make sure normal tickets will allow you to do pictures. 
  • japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Henry Ford Estates is also a cool place to do your pictures. We did ours there. We also stopped by a park in Dearborn called Ford Field. They have some really cool weeping willow trees and 2 bridges that we took some excellent pictures on for both our wedding and e-pics.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours at Meadowbrook Hall in Rochester.  We had them done in late May, so everything was in bloom and really gorgeous.  They have a few different gardens as well as the mansion itself (we didn't go inside but pictures from the outside of it were amazing anyway). I highly recommend checking it out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards