Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Shuttle

How do we let people staying at the hotels know we have a shuttle available to and from the wedding. How could we find the number of people wanting to use this service? Thanks so much

Re: Wedding Shuttle

• You could probably include something about it on the wedding website if you wanted to.  Or let people know by word of mouth.  I'm not sure that you are going to be able to find out how many people want to use the shuttle, though, because that might be something people decide closer to the wedding.

P.S. - If I were you, I wouldn't use my e-mail address as my screen name.  You might get a lot of spam e-mails.
  • We put a FYI card in our envelope with the information.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We put a note in the out of town guest bags
  • Put it on your wedding website.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-shuttle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:96a88ff2-9476-4a6e-9782-5e9933b0e15dPost:4484de68-a391-461a-a94d-ba262d4edc94">Re: Wedding Shuttle</a>:
    [QUOTE]We put a FYI card in our envelope with the information.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

This is what we did.

It said something like: "Transportation will be provided between the hotel and the ceremony and reception locations. The first shuttle will leave the hotel at 4:45, and an additional shuttle will leave at 5:15. Self-parking is also available at the ceremony venue and complimentary valet parking is available at the reception venue." Then we also included this information in the little brochure we made to put in the welcome bags for hotel guests. I think basically all of our hotel guests took the shuttle.

We decided not to get a number of people using it (we had it make 2 trips to the ceremony, 2 trips to the reception, and then 3 trips from the reception to the hotel), but you can include something on your RSVP:

M________

__ accepts
    __ declines

___ I/we will be using the provided transportation between the hotel and the wedding venue.

Please initial next to choice of entre:
    ___ chicken ___ beef ___ vegetarian
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • We put it on our website and we are doing the FYI card in the invites for people who don't use the internet (a lot of our guest list).
  • We need a count to make sure we order the right size shuttle so we put an option on the RSVP card. There will be an insert in the invitation explaining the details so guests will have the information.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you've secured it prior to your invitations going out, mention it on your accommodations card if you're doing one.

We didn't secure our shuttle until after the invitations went out (it was a point of contention between FI and I), so when it was booked, we updated the wedding website and sent e-mails to the bridal party (many are OOT). We also sent e-mails to our parents for them to forward to family members who staying at the hotels. Finally, we will likely include it on our welcome note that's going in the hotel gift bags.

If you're not able to do anything of the above, you could always have your officiant mention it after you've recessed at the end of the ceremony (something like "the bride and groom are happy to offer guests a shuttle to the reception. Please meet the shuttle at LOCATION.")

As far gauging how many people will use it, I don't know if you can really do it, unless you created some sort of "registration" system where people had to sign up. But that'd be kind of a pain to manage.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards