Military Brides
Options

Cake Toppers need an opinion..

My FH was deployed last year. during the deployment i sent him a rubber duck dressed in Marine's dress blues. the women i bought them from asked me if he could take a picture so that she could hang it up in the store of the "traveling duck". i told him about it once he got them and thinking i was going to get a picture it turned into many pictures of the ducks everywhere and with many of friends who were deployed with him. 

the other day i saw bride and groom rubber duck cake toppers. i was wondering if it would look tacky. i also was thinking to take the pictures and framing them and put on on every table.

we are having a formal military wedding, but we are both silly people i was thinking that doing the ducks would put a twist to show a little personality to our wedding.
Tacky? or Cute?? 

Re: Cake Toppers need an opinion..

• Options
    pixy_chic1pixy_chic1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's Perfect!!!  Everybody needs something fun even in a formal setting.  I too am soon to marry a military man, and I'm sure the crowd would think its fun and very you since you say you're both kinda silly  (& screw em if they don't have a sense of humour! lol) I say do it
  • Options
    elizabethm4elizabethm4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's cute! You could even put the framed photos all around the cake table so people get the joke
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's really cute! You should totally do it that sounds really great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_cake-toppers-need-opinion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:012546ad-b1ce-4bc8-91d1-f8a5fbd86de5Post:1be32c92-a70e-4b40-acfb-2110c51f88d0">Re: Cake Toppers need an opinion..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's cute! You could even put the framed photos all around the cake table so people get the joke
    Posted by elizabethm4[/QUOTE]

This.

Such a cute idea :)
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it! that's adorable.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its a really cute idea.  And also agree on putting them on the cake table too.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you all so much! i was so afraid it would be tacky , but im glad other people thought it was cute like i did... so today i went looking for ducks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  Put pictures on the table, and once you cut the cake, maybe have a picture with both of you kissing the ducky you sent him?

Then you can make a really nice gift for him by putting together a multi-photo frame with all the pictures of him and his friends during deployment with the duck, and then in the center the one of you two kissing the duck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is coming back from Oki with these awesome figurines he got from Japan.  One of him, myself, and our cat.  We're using those as cake toppers.  It's symbolic for us AND it's fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! And if you're worried about it looking tacky def put the pictures around just to ensure everyone gets it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a cute idea. It speaks to you as a couple so I think you should do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sarahj32sarahj32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found wedding ducks at www.oriental trading.com they have two to choose from
     hope this helps!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this is the BEST idea I have ever heard of.  Love the idea of having different photos on tables.  AGAIN SWEET CUTE IDEA!!! Can't wait to see pictures of this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do whatever you want!! It's your wedding, girl!
    My cousin got married two weeks ago, and they had a little corncob with a top hat made out of fondant and a slice of cheese with a veil on it as their cake topper
    (he's from Iowa, she's from Wisconsin--he also said it's cause they're both "corny" and "cheesy")

It was cute, because it was THEM--and that's the point of a wedding--it's YOURS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards