Illinois-Chicago

Has anyone been to, or had a wedding at CD&ME in Frankfort, Illinois?

Hi, I am brand new to the knot and I am just beggining my search for wedding venues in my area. I am looking for an outdoor venue where I can have both my ceremony and my reception. From my searches on the internet I have come across CD&ME in Frankfort, Illinois and it looks like just what Iv'e been looking for, but I don't know anyone with any personal experience at this venue. I was hoping someone out there has either been there or looked into them and can give me their thoughts on this venue. I am also wondering about the cost for this venue, is it reasonable for someone on a budget, or should I forget about it and look elsewhere? Any help/comments would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance knotties!! : )

Re: Has anyone been to, or had a wedding at CD&ME in Frankfort, Illinois?

• I haven't been there for a wedding, but I have been there for traffic court :( lol
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I looked at it about a year ago in my preliminary research. The grounds are beautiful!

If I remember correctly, it was a couple of thousand to rent the place, and then it it was about 80 a person for alcohol.  That didn't include food, and you have to go through their recommended vendors.  

I'm sorry that isn't much; it was awhile ago that I looked it up.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We went to a wedding there this summer. It was very nice. The reception was in a tent, so I don't know if that is standard. Food was good & was served family style. I would have my wedding there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We looked their for our wedding. There are two different areas. The tented area and another area that has big garage/barnish doors that open to the outside. For our wedding, we needed the tented side due to size and I didn't like it as much as the other side. When we met with the lady, she said the caterers work within budgets- they also do carving stations/buffets, plated dinners, or family style. So, you could pick whichever floats your boat.

We ended up booking with Jacob Henry Mansion instead. They have nice grounds and you can have the ceremony in either the church or outside. Have you looked at that for an option?

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards