Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

father/daughter dance

im trying to pick a good father/daughter dance song for my dad and i and im coming up with nothing!! we didnt have the best relationship when i was growing up and weve just started having a better one the past couple of years. ive looked at certain websites and artists and cant come up with a song that just says DAD!! any ideas??

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: father/daughter dance

• Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to "Walk With You" by Edwin McCain.  I get teary every time I hear it.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im letting my dad pick with only one restriction. no rod stewert lol. my dad is a musician so he said he may write something or remix something for it
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My little girl - Tim McGraw
    I had my father/daughter dance picked years ago! I didn't know my dad for most of my life and we've only had a relationship for the last 4 years. Now I can't wait for him to walk me down the isle and I have yet to make it through the song without crying....
    Everybody suggests Butterfly kisses for your dance. Personally, I think the lyrics don't touch me as much....
    I hope that helped.
  • Options
    allymac_5allymac_5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I just danced to "Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean. Rascal Flatts also does another sweet version of it. It's a very sweet and subtle song and everyone and my wedding loved the pick! It was a hit. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
         Me and my dad are going to dance to Kenny G/ Songbird. Its just beautiful music, no words and I felt like it captured everything I wanted to say without saying it! I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If my dad were still here I'd have us dance to Dance with my Father by Luther Vandross.  It's going to play in my reception music instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Walk WIth You - Edwin McCain
    I'll Always Be Your Baby - Natalie Grant

I always said I'd dance with my Dad to the Natalie Grant song.  But Edwin McCain released Walk With You last year and that quickly changed!!  I predict i's going to be the new "go-to" song for father/daughter dances!!  Good luck sweetie!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards