September 2013 Weddings

Talk Big Thursdays

Besides an overwhelming love for the September 2013 board... :)

What does everyone have to AW about this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Talk Big Thursdays

• Not to much AW this week except one of my sisters posted 4 videos on facebook this morning of my three year old nephew continuously asking when he was going to "Auntie Jillins" house and making faces into the camera.  :) made my day!  I miss the little guy.

No bosses today = lack of motivation.  I am the only one in the office while everyone else is at a clam bake / expo.  They all suck! 

AND tomorrow we leave for this hellacious trip.  My friend Brian (who is hilariously out of his freaking mind) keeps texting me horrible things like ways I will die up there and plans he has for me.  He is the reason why I have the rule "no one is to come within three feet of me the whole weekend."  Creeper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My 2 year old read 2 books to me (I was lucky enough to video the second half of one, since my brain didn't kick in and think "Camcorder!" until he was almost finished).  There's a supercute part where I ask him what the letter T says and he goes "tuh-tuh-tuh!" - it has been entertaining our family members for the past few days lol.

I work very hard with my baby (daycare is fun time, learning starts when Mommy gets home!) so I AW the sh*t out of him as often as I can.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That is so awesome Tay!  Getting a jumpstart on his learning will definitely payout in the end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wasn't raised with two of my sisters and this past weekend I got to meet them both for the first time!  It was pretty exciting and I'm pumped I get to brag about it now!  They are amazing and I can't believe I got so lucky in the sister department!

I also sent our deposit to our photographer, signed up for pre-cana, and found our DJ (waiting on the contract as I type).  I feel so accomplished this week!
  • i'm going to continue my "aw-ing" of this board! love you ladies!!!!

on a wedding note....i think i'm going to book my first dress appointment. i have yet to try anything on so it's a big deal for me! i'm so nervous!!!!!
  • My aww:

My mother passed away in October of 2004.  I've had plenty of time to mourn my mom's passing and I'm usually pretty okay.  But with the wedding, a lot of feelings are resurfacing.  But because of my Stepmom being so incredibly awesome the emotions aren't quite as bad as they could be.  She has been so supportive of not only our wedding, but just being there for me in general.  The rest of the 'kids' are all boys and helping with the planning has really brought us closer.  She's very cautious and knows she is not ever going to replace my mom.  I just think she's awesome and I feel incredibly lucky.  Not everyone can have the same kind of experience with a stepparent. 

We signed the contract and made the deposit on our caterer this week.  And I finally got around to ordering my wedding dress too.  I'll have her in my possession by December 14th!  I'm excited!  We also have our invitation set designed.  They look so darn cute I could squeal.  :-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @goofy i'm so sorry about your mom but it's so nice to have a wonderful stepmom to help you through your wedding planning. and, of course, we're all here to help too!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursdays-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:0de61657-8544-4201-add6-9c327e06434ePost:9d0f64e3-28c0-4892-bd57-2422f52e3cd1">Re: Talk Big Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]@goofy i'm so sorry about your mom but it's so nice to have a wonderful stepmom to help you through your wedding planning. and, of course, we're all here to help too!!!!
    Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]

I'm counting on it!!  :-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Bos - That is so great!  You are very lucky to have them and they you!

GAC: So sorry about your mom, thank goodness that you have such a loving, respectful stepmother.  and ditto on what jpin said!

ETA AW: Yay! my little niece Lilli (9 months) just got back from the cardiologist and with great news!  No heart surgery!!!  He doesn't want to see her till she is three!  :))))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My LOs first bday is OVER.  Why it is super sad (that he is not a baby but a toddler now) I am just glad it is over.  We had about 35 adults and 8 kids at my house on Sat.  It was a mad house, but all turned out well and G had an awesome time!  So I am awwing myself and FI for getting it all put together and pulling it off on a tight budget!  :) 

Now that its over I can really start wedding planning! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_talk-big-thursdays-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:0de61657-8544-4201-add6-9c327e06434ePost:2b666105-260c-4457-acad-aea723026a84">Re: Talk Big Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]My 2 year old read 2 books to me (I was lucky enough to video the second half of one, since my brain didn't kick in and think "Camcorder!" until he was almost finished).  There's a supercute part where I ask him what the letter T says and he goes "tuh-tuh-tuh!" - it has been entertaining our family members for the past few days lol. I work very hard with my baby (daycare is fun time, learning starts when Mommy gets home!) so I AW the sh*t out of him as often as I can.
    Posted by TayBeach2013[/QUOTE]

aww that is so awesome and def something to be proud of!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • im so glad its closer to the weekend. im literally counting down the days since i go on vacation next thursday. i havent seen my family in months so fi and i are really looking forward to driving up north. 

Plus I get to do my engagement shoot, go wedding dress shopping, meet dj/ florist on this trip:D so excited!!!
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Everyone at work's been sick so all I've done is sit around the apartment and make cupcakes this week.  Well, I also re-ordered the swatches of the linens because the company had sent me a site log on confirmation that got sent to my spambox so they never got my last order.  I don't really count that though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards