New York-New York City

Wedding Night

Where is everyone staying for their wedding night?  I had originally thought we'd stay at home, but the thought of that really depresses me.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Wedding Night

• edited December 2011
    We are staying at the hilton in Staten Island. We are having our recepion there and we get the guest suite as part of the package.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to stay at my parents' house while my fi stays at our condo.
  • edited December 2011
    we are staying at the Hotel le Jolie in Williamsburg which is 10 minutes way from our venue. i thought about staying home, too, but then i just couldn't fathom wanting to come home to a messy house the night of the wedding, since i know i won't have a lot of time to clean in the weeks leading up to it.

lola-- you are sleeping apart on your wedding night?
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're staying at the New Yorker Hotel because its 3 blocks from our venue.

if you're getting married in two weeks I bet you can find a really good "last minute deal" somewhere nice!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Maureen LMaureen L member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_wedding-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:55e01dab-e768-4b74-9b8a-b10861a9c1d2Post:72efe321-da57-4e30-9c52-bf60a0f8c9aa">Re: Wedding Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are staying at the Hotel le Jolie in Williamsburg which is 10 minutes way from our venue. i thought about staying home, too, but then i just couldn't fathom wanting to come home to a messy house the night of the wedding, since i know i won't have a lot of time to clean in the weeks leading up to it. lola-- you are sleeping apart on your wedding night?
    Posted by Jane_Birkin[/QUOTE]

<div>What is your venue?  Our reception is at Giando's on the Water, and our hotel block is at Hotel le Jolie!</div><div>
    </div><div>My dad rented me an apartment in Manhattan to get ready in, so we'll stay there the night of the wedding.  (The company he works for has corporate apartments that are also available for employees' personal use)</div><div>
    </div><div>Originally we were going to stay in a fancy hotel suite, but the apartment rental is cheaper, and we want to save some money.  At least it's bigger and cleaner than our apartment in brooklyn!</div>
    Photobucket
    Maureen & Jonathan - 10.09.10
    image 261 Invited so far! image 124 Are ready to party!
    image 108 Will be missing out image 29 Are MIA image
  • edited December 2011
    I was looking online last night, in fact- I saw some good prices.  Leaning toward the Waldorf-Astoria.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_wedding-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:55e01dab-e768-4b74-9b8a-b10861a9c1d2Post:72efe321-da57-4e30-9c52-bf60a0f8c9aa">Re: Wedding Night</a>:
    [QUOTE] lola-- you are sleeping apart on your wedding night?
    Posted by Jane_Birkin[/QUOTE]

OOPS, I misread this that it said the night before.  Please ignore my first reply :) :)

We will be at the hotel that we have room blocks for our wedding.
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we stayed at our venue!  We got married in a mansion that lets the bride and groom spend the night in the old master bedroom, which is now the bridal suite.  We had a butler for the night, too :-)

Although by the time our afterparty was over and the shuttles picked up the last of the drunk guests, it was almost 3:00am....and we had to be out by 8:00!!  So, we didn't get much sleeping done!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Home, it's where my stuff it, it's where I like to be when I'm out.  Why would I want to pay more money just for lay down my head; plus, the next day we'll have lots to do and I'd rather wake up in familar territory, access to our cars, and enjoy the rest of the long weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    Maureen-- our venue is Stage 6 at Steiner Studios. it's in the brooklyn navy yard. i love Giando's--i've been to several parties there and it's great.
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_wedding-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:55e01dab-e768-4b74-9b8a-b10861a9c1d2Post:86693945-9573-4d9b-9a38-1e79bc5b3cc3">Re: Wedding Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are staying at the hilton in Staten Island. We are having our recepion there and we get the guest suite as part of the package.
    Posted by adamnkel[/QUOTE]

this is what we did
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards