Texas-Austin

SUGGEST/Help me find a JEWELER in AUSTIN!

My brother has asked me to help him search for an engagement ring for his girlfriend.   I am out-of-state, so I need your help!  Please suggest your jeweler/jewelry store in the Austin area.   Not Jared, Zales, etc........   

TIA! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SUGGEST/Help me find a JEWELER in AUSTIN!

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Calvin's is right near my house, and I've window shopped there. THey have some really nice stuff.

FI got my ring on Amazon, and it is gorgeous. You may want to suggest to your brother that he find a style and diamond online first so he knows what price range to expect so he doesn't pay too much at a store. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I recently moved to town, but my father has lived here for years and makes most of his jewelry purchases at Benold's (for my diamond-loving step-mom). They have some reallyyy gorgeous pieces.

I have heard good things about Calvin's also, as PP suggested.
  • edited December 2011
    Calvin's was suggested to me after I visted all the big jewelry stores in Austin. They were great, super helpful and have a really nice selection of rings, from traditional to unique. I told them my budget and what I was looking for and they designed the perfect ring.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring came from Benold's. They have amazing jewlery and are super friendly and helpful. We fully intend on purchasing our wedding bands there as well, since we had such a good experience with them.

Although my FI bought my ring on his own, we did go look at rings together initially, and we went to quite a few stores. Benold's definitely stood out.
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kirk Root is amazing. They are incredibly helpful.
    My coworker recommended them because he has used them for 20+ years in his family, his daughter/SIL and now his son/FDIL are all going there. Really affordable and friendly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I recently bought my wedding rings at Samuel's Diamonds and I was very impressed with their selection--their pricing was great! He should also check out Kruegers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards