Christian Weddings

XP from month board: date and activity ideas

For our first anniversary, I am planning to give DH a notebook with 365 date/activity ideas in it - 1 for every day of the year.  The items in the notebook range from going to the movies to volunteering together to sitting on the couch next to each other texting instead of talking.  So far I have come up with 213 things, but I still have 152 to go and I'm running out of ideas!  I have less than 2 months left, so I was hoping maybe you ladies could help me think of some things!  Most of the "conventional" stuff has already been put in the notebook, but I appreciate any and all suggestions!
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: XP from month board: date and activity ideas

• Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    go to a bookstore and buy a book for each other to read

walk dogs at an animal shelter

shop for vegetables at your local farmers market
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Overnight at a hotel (even if it's just down the street)

Paint or draw "portraits" of each other

Start a puzzle together

Redecorate a room/change framed pictures around

Using set ingredients, do a cookoff and see what you each come up with

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • trick or treat..

go Christmas caroling

go to a thrift store and try on the most gosh awful outfits or jackets or whatever

carve a pumpkin

have a game nigth with friends /group dates

make each other an art project /painting /drawing

Love is All You Need
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-from-month-board-date-and-activity-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7bc7aaf7-d438-415b-9cb9-a35a74a88c91Post:afd91e44-9996-4ec2-a1b6-36a656f282a3">Re: XP from month board: date and activity ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Start a puzzle together
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]
    I wish!  I really like puzzles, but I mentioned to him the other day when we were randomly looking at toys at the store that we should start a puzzle together, and he was really against it.  He said that he always felt like puzzles were boring and a waste of time!  Which is kinda sad, because I like puzzles, but at least I learned something about DH!  I have been casually sprinkling ideas from the book into everyday conversations to guage whether he likes them or not, because I don't want to put anything that he would HATE doing in there.

Also, thank you to everyone who has responded so far!  I have gleaned a couple of ideas from the list.  :)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_xp-from-month-board-date-and-activity-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:7bc7aaf7-d438-415b-9cb9-a35a74a88c91Post:d1fd5811-73ee-4b48-a79e-2fd1dab98821">Re: XP from month board: date and activity ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP from month board: date and activity ideas : I wish!  I really like puzzles, but I mentioned to him the other day when we were randomly looking at toys at the store that we should start a puzzle together, and he was really against it.  He said that he always felt like puzzles were boring and a waste of time!  
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

<div>Boo :(  </div><div>
    </div><div>H and I also like going to the toy aisle in Target and playing with the toys.  We usually pick out something fun to buy like a new game or puzzle </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards