April 2013 Weddings

Vent!!!

i just posted this, and the knot ate it of course!!!!!

I am so frustrated with my mother!!! I showed her a necklace that I liked as an option to wear on the day, I never said that this was what I was getting. She was like ooohhh I like it, but I am not sure how it would look with your dress. I was like what do you mean, it has all the elements of my belt.. She was like why do you get so snippy with me. I was like bc everytime I ask for your opinion or show you something you always have something to say after and you make me second guess my idea. She was even this way when it came to the flowers, which made me go to the appt. alone and i stopped asking her opinion or ideas on things bc of the way I felt afterwards. I think the flower thing came from her lack of knowledge about flowers, but she has seen me in the dress twice. We even have detail pics of the dress and up close pictures of the belt. I don't know if it is bc the necklace is modern and is considered a statement necklace and she just doesn't get my vision and is "old fashion". I am frustrated though. Has anyone else felt this way?? I feel like I shouldn't bc we are sooo far out and I should be having fun still!

Here is the necklace:
http://www.dillards.com/product/Anna-Ava-Beaded-Statement-Necklace_301_-1_301_503055854
Here is my dress:
http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/styles/214
148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
RSVP Deadline: March 8
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Vent!!!

• I'm sorry that you aren't getting the reaction that you want from your Mom.  Sometimes I feel the same way with my Mom and I definitely think it is just a difference when it comes to modern day weddings and the weddings that our mothers have in their heads.  If you like the necklace and dress combo then go for it!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the dress and necklace together,.... Id suggest you wear your hair up though and simple earrings .. but i totally get the look you are going for.  gorgeous!
  • Both look great! Sorry about all the drama and stress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with eddiesgirl...hair up, simple earings. But I love the necklace. I wish I had the guts to wear something like that. And it probably is that your mom is thrown off by such a big, modern piece of jewlery. I haven't run into too much resistance from my parents yet, but they know we're not planning a "normal" wedding. There certainly have been moments when my mother raised her eyebrows and went "really? Ok..." but that's about it. But it's not cool if your mom is second guessing all of your ideas...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Didn't you know? Mother's know best.... Just kidding!

I have been getting into mini arguments with my parents as well. My mom went to a birthday party a few weeks ago and they had a photobooth. She got all of the info and blah blah and when she told me about it she said they only do 4 hours. No mom, I want it for the full reception time, at least 6 hours. We went back and forth for awhile and she just gave in.

And she does it too with the dresses I have tried on. She hasn't loved one yet. Always something wrong with it lol.

I hope it gets better for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards