Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Tendenza- the new Cescaphe venue?

Does anyone know anything about Tendenza?  I am in love with the Atrium, but it requires a minimum headcount of 200, which I probably can't make.  I believe Tendenza is only 160 minimum.  My only concern is, it's going to be tapas style...not a sit down dinner.

Has anyone booked their wedding here or seen pictures? 

Re: Tendenza- the new Cescaphe venue?

• edited December 2011
    It's brand new, I didn't even know they had opened it yet actually... I wish it had opened a year or two earlier, I would love a tapas style wedding reception.   If you decide to book it, let me know!  Can't wait to hear more.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto - I didn't know they finally opened.  Even though it's tapas, you can't go wrong with Cescaphe!! = )
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    On Cescaphe's website it still says 'Coming Soon' and I couldn't find any other information on it. I think tapas sounds awesome - I love that they are trying something different!
  • edited December 2011

Tendenza is opening November 2010. It is not a sit down dinner, they are stations. However I know of the owner and I know of the food. Trust me when I tell you , you WILL NOT find food like this anywhere else. Your guest will never stop talking about your wedding. Besides the amazing food, the service is top! They cater to your every need. Any of the locations by this owner are the best. You can't go wrong.  Tendenza will not be your typical buffet , I can promise you that!

I hope this helps.

• TamichinTamichin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to tour the ballroom recently and also got to see Tendenza after.  It's really coming together.  They are offering 3 dining options: butlered tapas, station-style, and a served dinner w/ a duet-plate.
  • kharkins1985kharkins1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an appt. to visit this new location and a skinny man with a 3 day old beard said he was pressed for time but he would show me around???  The whole time he kept mumbling and asking me if I wanted a drink!  I could swear at one point he pulled a flask from his pocket when he thought I wasn't looking!  My Maid of Honor said he smelled like cough syrup but unless that was robitusson in his flask...he was drunk!  I asked for the owner and here's the best part....he was the owner!  Maybe they have good food but it seems like the drink is better...I just can't have my wedding there now! 
  • edited December 2011
    I toured Tendenza last week and it looks awesome.  Cescaphe is known for the food, so I am sure you will not be disappointed.  I believe their first venue is this weekend.
  • DJFishDJFish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are booked at Tendenza for next year, and let me tell you it is amazing!! So modern and unique. I love it down to the restrooms! You won't find anything else that looks like this.

As for the minimum, I know for a Sunday or Friday it's 150. Not sure if it's the same for Saturday nights. I do know that they're pretty much booked up for 2011 Saturday nights!

For food, your options are to do stations or a duet plate (where you would choose two entrees and all guests would get smaller servings of each entry). There is SO much food for the cocktail hour, though! Plus you still get a salad and sorbet course with dinner even if you did stations.

The best part about this place is that a lot of things that other venues upcharge for (e.g., square tables, linens, dinnerware, nice chairs) are all standard there. They're not there to nickel and dime you. I'm really pleased with my experience so far!
  • edited December 2011
    anyone have pictures of the new venue? I'm going to see it the the 29th... I'm a little nervous because the min ppl required is 160 @$140 a person, which eats up most of my budget :(
  • edited December 2011
    djfish, if you dont mind me asking - how much per person for the sit down is tendenza? this place looks fab! my fi and are are all set to book at the le meridien on thurs, but now that i am looking at this place i must see it! do you have your cereminy there too?
  • gsuerogsuero member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance' and I are getting married at Tendenza on April 29th 2011. We are so excited to have her reception at Tendenza!!! We went to an open house in November and the space is absolutely gorgeous!!! We went to various different venues and did not find anything that was even close to Tendeza. The decor, ambiance food, and liquor is above and beyond what you would expect!!! I highly recommend Tendenza!!Laughing
  • cristingrosscristingross member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tendenza is now offering duet platters and 3-choice sit down dinner option for anyone that has already booked Tendenza for 2011 or 2012. 

I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MY WEDDING THERE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR.
  • kpaek518kpaek518 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi-
    Is is $140 including tax and tip and open bar? Also, does anyone know if it fits 250 people? Thanks all!
  • allylaxer29allylaxer29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did anyone attend a wedding at this location yet?

How many does this venue hold?
  • edited December 2011
    Just booked with Tendenza today :) the $145 covers open bar, 40 apps (as in 40 different appetizers rotated throughout happy hour), app stations, sit down meal with order options at table, linen options (not just white!), table options (i.e. round, long, etc), cake, rentals, additional desserts, taxes, and gratuities.  This is ending up costing a lot less than most other places in town, who quote $100pp but end up having a site fee, upcharges for linens/table options, taxes (sales 8%+ liquor 10%) and gratuity (18-22%). Very excited! 
  • xqchen76xqchen76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can see some wedding pictures here for tendenza, which is an awesome place for a wedding http://blog.lightyearstudio.com/?p=388
  • edited December 2011
    It looks beautiful. Can someone please tell me if it is a single room venue or does it have multiple rooms? I really want everything in one building but not have our guests sitting at the same table for the wedding and the after party. That's a long day to be in the same section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards