Michigan-Detroit

How to change your name with Comcast

Hey Gals,

As a recently married, I wanted to share a bit of knowledge I picked up about how to change your name with Comcast, if you need to.

Option A: Go down to one of their customer service centers with your new photo ID and probably a copy of your marriage lisense.  This works well if you live or work near one of their centers.  If you are like me and don't live close try option B.

Obtion B: Call up Comcast and ask they to first swich the primary name on the account to your husband and then remove you with your maiden name off the account.  This may take some pushing as this is not the normal name change procedure, but they will do it.  You will need the last four of his SSN, which happens to be on your marriage lisense.  Later, have you husband call back and add you as an "authorized user" or you could even have him add you as the primary under your maiden name if that is what you want. 

Just wanted you to know that there is more then one way to get this task done.

Re: How to change your name with Comcast

• Just a heads up, it's that way with all the cable companies.
  • Apparently, DTE requires a marriage license as well. So, I just didn't change my name with them. Not everything has to have your married name.

Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_how-to-change-your-name-with-comcast?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:12692693-bd82-4b42-b699-c75a52d19f4dPost:118a1b2e-4490-4458-8fd0-ba66cc2a271f">Re: How to change your name with Comcast</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently, DTE requires a marriage license as well. So, I just didn't change my name with them. Not everything has to have your married name.
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing.  I just said F it with them and Wow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards