Attire & Accessories Forum

Do you Bridesmaids have to wear the same fabric as your wedding dress

Hello my brides, I have a question.....Do your bridesmaides have to wear the same fabric as your wedding dress? I only ask because my dress is taffeta and their are not a whole lot of designers that have taffeta bridesmaid dress.

Re: Do you Bridesmaids have to wear the same fabric as your wedding dress

• My MOH is.  I've given the JR. BM and their mother's a choice of 2 dresses.  One is the same fabric and one (the one I like better) is a different fabric.  If you find dresses that you like and look good on your BMs I don't think the matching fabric is a huge deal. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress is lace and my bridesmaids are wearing Satin with a Chiffon wrap thing on it and it looks fine together. 

BM style is F13573 from davids bridal
    my dress is crl277 also from DB

hope that helps a bit!
    We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)
  • My dress was taffeta and my ladies wore chiffon and Nu-Georgette.  I think satin would have gone fine with it too.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My dress is a silk-satin and the BM's are wearing satin.  FG is wearing satin.  I guess I wouldn't have thought about the fabric matching or being similar - I went with the dress I liked (for the girls) and it worked. 

I think you'll be fine in taffeta and your girls in whatever else. 

I recently went to two weddings and the brides wore a predominately lace dress and the girls wore satin and chiffon.
  • No they do not have to match your the bride you can be different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards