February 2013 Weddings

Actively planning

I know from a previous post there are a few of us Feb 2013 brides saving up for the big day for whatever reason. Has anyone really started actively planning?

We only have a venue but have moved onto photographer. I think we have decided on one but I'm feeling a bit weary of booking. On a normal decision making basis, I've always been a little gun shy. Now with such big decisons looming, I'm even more nervous. Are any of you other girls feeling nervous to start booking? I know we have plenty of time, I'd just like to start booking big things since FH is fixing to be in the thick of his degree and he goes to school out of town. I'm just afraid of changing my mind and we're on a tight budget so we can't afford to lose deposits late down the line but at the same time, I don't want to miss out on booking people we want.

When are y'all going to start booking things?
Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013

Re: Actively planning

• I would start booking as early as possible my wedding date is 2-23-13 and most of February is ALREADY booked so if it is something you are really interested in, book ASAP! I had to change my date because I waited to long to book the reception hall I was originally going to get married on 11-10-12 but I went to the appointment last night for the hall and my date was already gone :(

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • I have been planning since we got engaged in August 2011. I am doing many things myself. I have already bought everything I need for my centerpieces and table numbers. We just booked our venue Sunday. We also have our photographer booked and I'm calling to talk to the officiant today to get that set. Many places we have talked to are saying they are booking into 2013 already. Different places and different times of year book up faster than others. My fiance and I are trying to do things early so we get what we want and don't have to be stressed later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiancé and I started planning last fall, not long after we got engaged. We already booked our venue and our caterer. My uncle, who is a pro-am photographer, has offered us to take care of the photos (the ones he took at our cousin's wedding last year are fabulous!). We also booked a jazz trio for the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Since we still got a year ahead of us, I'm planning on doing myself our centerpieces (a concept with wine bottles - I already started to collect them after friends and family dinners!), and a graphic designer who's friend with my fiancé will help us doing our invitations.
    It's all very exciting!! Smile
  • We have already starting planning too! We have the church booked and have already ordered the wedding and grooms cake. We also know where we want the reception so we are in the process of getting that now. I also started looking at dresses last week. I know its a year away but I think time is gonna fly by especially cause im still a student!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_actively-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:d6d8114b-b882-4a26-864e-cf11e19ca7cfPost:38c3cf3c-bfaa-42f7-990a-55f3db2fa76f">Re: Actively planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have already starting planning too! We have the church booked and have already ordered the wedding and grooms cake. We also know where we want the reception so we are in the process of getting that now. I also started looking at dresses last week. I know its a year away but I think time is gonna fly by especially cause im still a student!
    Posted by tigergirl7[/QUOTE]

Congrats. :) We aren't booking anything until I get out of school because of school and such. But we know everything we want for the ceremony and ideas on reception, just gotta choose what to do. Good luck in school and happy planning!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards