Connecticut
Options

flower dilema!! please help!!

my fiance and i are definitely working on a budget wedding and have had really great luck with finding great vendors that are willing to work with us...

so far i've gotten quotes from jane at just for you flowers and melissa of stylish impressions for our flowers (just the bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages, since the rest we're doing DIY).  they're both pretty similar in price, one is just slightly less, they both have great reviews on here and they're both very sweet and i'm sure would be nice to work with.

does anyone have any advice on how to choose, or can share any of their experiences (good or bad) with these vendors??

Re: flower dilema!! please help!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that a few of my friends have used Jane and she is VERY good about sticking to a budget and will make things work into your budget so thats why I went with her AND she does beautiful work that doesnt look "budget" at all

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto with elmcity! Jane is really good about making your wedding a work in progress as far as pricing goes. You can pick & choose what you want based on flower prices. Jane gave me high, medium & low prices based on what I want our budget to be.

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jane!!  I've heard you get more for your money with her.
  • Options
    sjbn2010sjbn2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Stylish blooms for my flowers. I say meet with them both and see who you mesh with better. Melissa  returns any of my emails and phone calls quickly and I like that allot and her prices were way below my budget but then again it depends on flowers HTH... Good Luck 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_flower-dilema-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:068f7aee-9d46-420a-9380-6d061d1dab4bPost:85b072de-3a6a-4181-b928-7b2ccad5ce87">Re: flower dilema!! please help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Stylish blooms for my flowers. I say meet with them both and see who you mesh with better. Melissa  returns any of my emails and phone calls quickly and I like that allot and her prices were way below my budget but then again it depends on flowers HTH... Good Luck 
    Posted by sjbn2010[/QUOTE]

THIS. i met with Jane and melissa and ended up using melissa. her vision worked with mine better and i coudlnt have been happier with her for our wedding

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also really like Melissa from stylish blooms. Try to meet both like PP said and see what ya think.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In addition to PPs, also look into places like supermarkets.  Some of my coworkers had great results with Stop and Shop.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In addition to PPs, also look into places like supermarkets.  Some of my coworkers had great results with Stop and Shop.
  • Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Jane. I looked through her work and it is amazing. Definitely meet with them and look at other photos that they do not have posted on their website. Try and see their personality etc. and see if it matches with what you are looking for.

Jane was great she is delivering everything for free and picking up all the rental vases. She is also personally setting everything up and making sure all 26 tables are taken care of.

I felt very comfortable when I met with her that my flowers were in good hands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JJAdams1224JJAdams1224 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whole Foods of Milford did great work for us!  I recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards