New Jersey

Florentine Gardens

To anyone who has seen or has experience with the Estate at Florentine Gardens: My FI and I really love it there, but we are just slightly concerned about the cocktail hour space. We plan on having about 220 people in November, so guests will not really be able to go outside (unless it's unseasonably warm). I want to adhere to the "chair for every butt" (lol) policy even during cocktail hour.

Do you think the cocktail hour space could fit 220 comfortably? They say it can, but I'm not so sure.

Thank you for any opinions! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florentine Gardens

• They told me it can seat that many. Most venues do not plan for EVERYONE to sit during cocktail hour though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • H and I attended a wedding there and the cocktail hour area was really big. There were at least 200 people and we didn't feel cramped or squished at all. There were tons of high and low tables. When I toured the venue for my own wedding, the salesperson said that the cocktail area used to be the ballroom until they built the one they have now. I'm not sure many venues intend on having cocktail seating for everyone without going outside, but it seems like Florentine could do it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_florentine-gardens-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:cd1e0554-f386-4ad3-8e4c-34dcef0905f7Post:1edf6a94-104b-427b-b756-1b31170ce630">Re: Florentine Gardens</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I attended a wedding there and the cocktail hour area was really big. There were at least 200 people and we didn't feel cramped or squished at all. There were tons of high and low tables. When I toured the venue for my own wedding, the salesperson said that the cocktail area used to be the ballroom until they built the one they have now. I'm not sure many venues intend on having cocktail seating for everyone without going outside, but it seems like Florentine could do it.
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

Oh that's great to know! I feel a lot better now! Thank you so much!

If you don't mind me asking, how was the wedding you attended at Florentine?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just PM you. Check it out

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-

wedding-boards_new-jersey_florentine-gardens-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:cd1e0554-f386-4ad3-8e4c-34dcef0905f7Post:0ed99719-a269-4a69-b312-3b57751f9115">Re: Florentine Gardens</a>:
    [QUOTE]They told me it can seat that many. Most venues do not plan for EVERYONE to sit during cocktail hour though.
    Posted by gelaine22[/QUOTE]
  • I have to tell you... I loved it! Our friends had their ceremony outside and we walked around the gardens afterwards. There were so many places for pictures. I loved the ballroom too and the food was great. It was the first place I visited for my own wedding, and unfortunately their guest minimums were just too high for us.
  • CallaLily25CallaLily25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_florentine-gardens-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:cd1e0554-f386-4ad3-8e4c-34dcef0905f7Post:088e4921-d3ef-4411-a664-6548f687ae89">Re: Florentine Gardens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to tell you... I loved it! Our friends had their ceremony outside and we walked around the gardens afterwards. There were so many places for pictures. I loved the ballroom too and the food was great. It was the first place I visited for my own wedding, and unfortunately their guest minimums were just too high for us.
    Posted by Giaspo[/QUOTE]

That is great to hear! Thank you so much for the feedback!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was there for a wedding back in 2008 or 2009 and they had a large wedding. It was very spacious inside and they even had tables outside of the cocktail hour room in the hallway for people who just didn't want to deal with the crowds. The cocktail hour food was EXCELLENT.
  • I had my reception there with 210 guests and there was plenty of space.  I also attended a wedding there with 300+ guests and is was still fine...but they did place a few extra tables just outside the cocktail room for that wedding.  But since people were all over the place mingling those tables just blended in.  You have nothing to worry about.
  • I had my wedding at Florentine in November 2012 and we had 220 people and there was plenty of room - wasn't squished at all!!  We were even expecting more people but the wedding was the weekend after Sandy, so we have some last minute cancellations.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards