Washington

Officiant & Photographer?!?!?!

New to the site and looking for help/ideas for my July 24, 2011 wedding. Need to find a good inexpensive officiant and an AWESOME inexpensive photographer. Any ideas, suggestions, help, advice, guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ya'll :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant & Photographer?!?!?!

• rachaeiourachaeiou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in Washington are you located?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the NW. We are getting married in Snoqualmie (just outside of Seattle).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think AWESOME and inexpensive when referring to photographers can't exist in the same sentence. 
  • edited December 2011
     :( okay so maybe not to inexpensive. We want to stay around $2,000 (and after looking at vendors that seems inexpensive compared to ALOT of photographers).   

As for the ticker.... go to create ticker, then go through all the steps. At the end it will give you a HTML link in a box which you need to copy. Then close that window and copy it in the box under the create ticker, then click save ticker. Sounds confusing, I had a hell of a time figuring it out myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     :)  Thank you for the ticker.  I hate computer crap but I can't seem to live without the internet. :)   
    I'm using Colleen Donovan http://www.colleendonovan.com for my photographer.  Her packages start at $2500, but it includes a lot of stuff.  I think she travels for no charge if your wedding is in Washington.  Are you getting married at the falls? 

I'm getting married in Moses Lake and wish there were more brides from the eastern part of the state.  I'ts so hard to find good vendors now.  EVERYONE and their uncle does 'something' for weddings.  I've never felt so taken advantage of (until i started wedding planning).
  • edited December 2011
    I used Kristen Honeycutt and am in love with her work! The package we got was $2,100 and included engagement photos. You have rights to and can print all your own photos.

http://www.kristenhoneycutt.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :) I met with a photographer today named Chris Sollart (anyone heard of him?) who I liked. Thought he was a little weird but like my mom said I think that may just be a photographer thing. He was really nice and easy going, plus he is more photojournalistic than posing for pictures which I really liked. My fiance HATES posing for pictures! Thanks for the help. Could use ALL the support from fellow brides as I can get!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We used our pastor, so I can't help there, but our photographers were AMAZING.  They will really work with you as far as price points go, and the value we got for what we paid couldn't be beat!  Nicest people ever, too!!!

You can check out our preview pics they posted to their site:
    jayleeproductions.com

enter JenCory under the clients section.

They will also work with you to do any style of photography you want...they don't force you to use "their" style which is what we were looking for.  Showed them some pics from a more expensive photographer that we liked and they were able to make all theirs look just like that style!  LOVE my pics so much!

• edited December 2011
    Oh - and be sure to check out the pics of our guestbook they made for us on their blog...they did such a great job and all our guests loved the idea!
  • ghbrideghbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No help on the officiant but I use Pat
     www.gigharborphotography.com for my family stuff and his wedding photos are amazing..I believe he is under $2k
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/photographybycambrae#!/NicklesPhoto

amazing,amazing photographers:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards