Wedding Etiquette Forum

Monday morning in the heezy!!

yup. I said HEEZY.

And? I don't have to work today! I'm heading to Detroit Lakes to golf in a pro am that I'm really excited/nervous about, but it will be a super fun day. At least I'm telling myself that. And it's most def better than work!

You guys ready to tackle the week?
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: Monday morning in the heezy!!

• I've got 4 days and about 4 DIY projects left, yet for some reason I'm sitting here on my computer like I've got all the time in the world.

Have fun golfing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning! 

So not ready to tackle the week!  Way too much to do, although the boss is on vacation starting tomorrow...so that's good at least.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Whoa ZRex, that came up fast, huh!?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Good morning, all.  Good luck today, Fischey!

Is it Friday yet?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Fezz. It's SO almost Friday.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Have fun at your golf tournament! I'm not particularly ready to tackle this week, especially after my booze soaked sojourn to NYC this weekend. Also it's still ohmygodHOT here, so that pretty much just makes me want to take a nap.
  • How was NYC?

The Margarita Evolution
  • It really did.  Luckily I have the week off of work, so once I buckle down, I should be able to get through everything pretty quickly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was excellent! The Yankees lost the game, but it was still fun. That's my first time in the new stadium and I really enjoyed it. Even though it was a day game and it was 103 degrees. We alternated between rum and water through the whole thing so we managed to stay buzzed AND hydrated. Go us. We also had some fantastic food at a place called The Village Tart near Little Italy. I recommend it.
  • I love it when the Yankees lose. :) I'm glad you had a good time!! I've heard it's been super hot out the way.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Eh, I wouldn't say I'm ready, but I'm pretty sure this week is coming whether I'm ready or not :)  This is 1 of 2 full weeks of work left before I'm off for the wedding, yay!

Had a good weekend, FI and I had to drive down to Dover to get a bridal shower present and on the way back passed a horse farm so we jumped out to pet these guys and grab some photos:

ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • edited July 2010
    Have fun golfing!

Our Monday is just about over.  H has done a 2nd sand on the bedroom floors and will do a 2nd coat of varnish tomorrow.

I tried to make a chocolate pecan pie tonight, but I leaned two things:
    1) Australian pre-made pie crusts are MUCH smaller than US ones (talk about a gooey mess)
    2) Shortbread crusts are NOT equal to pie crusts.  Guess I need to re-learn how to make my own sigh

I'm trying to figure out how so much goodness came out of my teeny kitchenette in France but so much blegh is coming out of my huge kitchen here.  Just don't get it.

And it's still raining.  Has been since Friday afternoon.  They say it may stop on Tuesday.  So much for the "dry" season.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good morning all!  I'm too hungover right now to think about tackling the week, I'm just going to try to get through today.  :)

Good luck today Fische!  I hope you have fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WHat's on my agenda this week?

Laundry, LaLeche meeting, mommy and baby tea, packing, and going OOT for a family reunion.

I think I can handle it though I am a bit anxious about traveling  with J and all the stuff we have to get ready.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Morning!

Fishy, sounds exciting! Have fun!

TR, those horses are cute!

ZRex, good luck on the projects!

Manda, did you guys survive the storm ok? It's pretty crappy here in Loudoun County. And the surprise hail left me needing a new windshield.

Morning, Fez, Amoro & Bay!
  • Ooooo...starting the week off with a hangover is never fun.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh no, Sco :(  I've been in really bad hailstorms before and was convinced my windshield was going to crack, but it never has.  That must've been some serious hail!
    ttc chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-morning-heezy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d52b4fb2-2ebb-4e08-9bed-76e0908a0b76Post:73eafcf8-acba-448b-b7e0-bcbab28103bb">Re: Monday morning in the heezy!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no, Sco :(  I've been in really bad hailstorms before and was convinced my windshield was going to crack, but it never has.  That must've been some serious hail!
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it didn't help that at the time it hit, we were on a huge overpass bridge. Right at the tippy top. :(
  • Fischey- yeah, I figured you'd like the part where the Yankees lost. :-P  I would have liked them to win of course, but since they were out there playing in that heat while I was in the shade with my Malibu, I didn't mind that they just didn't bring their giveadamn.

Amoro- would it make you less blah if I said that we spent last night researching our itinerary to Europe for next Spring? Right now it looks like we're going to fly into Amsterdam, take an overnight train to Hamburg and they another train up to Copenhagen. From there we'll rent a car, drive up to Stockholm and then fly out of Copenhagen. Woot!

Sco- I heard Loudon county got totally beat down! That sucks about your windshield. We weren't home at all until about 10:00 last night, but it doesn't seem that we lost power at all. It was hard to believe from what I was reading that DC was even hotter than NYC. Glad you're ok!
  • B, the OOT trip sounds fun. Where are you going?

aMrs, you'll get used to it quick :)

Dani, hungover? What did you get into last night?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-morning-heezy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d52b4fb2-2ebb-4e08-9bed-76e0908a0b76Post:19d57064-4e68-4869-9a71-acf131674a22">Re: Monday morning in the heezy!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fischey- yeah, I figured you'd like the part where the Yankees lost. :-P  I would have liked them to win of course, but since they were out there playing in that heat while I was in the shade with my Malibu, I didn't mind that they just didn't bring their giveadamn. Amoro- would it make you less blah if I said that we spent last night researching our itinerary to Europe for next Spring? Right now it looks like we're going to fly into Amsterdam, take an overnight train to Hamburg and they another train up to Copenhagen. From there we'll rent a car, drive up to Stockholm and then fly out of Copenhagen. Woot! Sco- I heard Loudon county got totally beat down! That sucks about your windshield. We weren't home at all until about 10:00 last night, but it doesn't seem that we lost power at all. It was hard to believe from what I was reading that DC was even hotter than NYC. Glad you're ok!
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. The further out you go, the worse the damage is. We were out driving in it yesterday on the way to the movies. I thought my little roller skate of a car was gonna get blown off the overpass! Katiewhompus had warned me via here & FB but I thought he had left in plenty of time... NOPE. Should've waited. There's trees and debris down all over. Fortunately we didn't lose power where I'm at, but like I said, the further out in Loudoun you go, the worse it gets. I still have friends w/o power. Going on 18 hours.
  • Yep, one of the guys here in the office lives in Loudoun County came in suuuuuper early today just to get some a/c. I guess he hasn't had power at his house since yesterday. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-morning-heezy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d52b4fb2-2ebb-4e08-9bed-76e0908a0b76Post:26418a5e-d241-4933-867a-c23fcc63de7a">Re: Monday morning in the heezy!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]B, the OOT trip sounds fun. Where are you going? aMrs, you'll get used to it quick :) Dani, hungover? What did you get into last night?
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

Too much red wine.  We had friends over for a cook-out that started at 2 and ended up going until about 11pm.  Too much red wine and pork and beef products. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-morning-heezy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d52b4fb2-2ebb-4e08-9bed-76e0908a0b76Post:26418a5e-d241-4933-867a-c23fcc63de7a">Re: Monday morning in the heezy!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]B, the OOT trip sounds fun. Where are you going?
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

Tennessee.  My folks are going too so we're caravaning. At least I'll have my mom to help. =-)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Morning!

I'm road tripping this weekend, too. H and I are going to Ohio to a wedding. It'll be my first trip and I'll get to meet all the family who couldn't make it to our wedding, so it should be fun.

Oh, and today's my b-day. Yay!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ZRex:  Mine's this weekend, too!  2 more days of work for me, and all our DIY projects are completed and already at the venue for set up on Sunday :)  I feel like everything's going OK, except I still need an outfit for Friday night dinner. . . And I'm not sure if my dress is going to fit (at the last fitting it was kinda big).

Dani:  That sounds like it was worth the hangover this morning!

I had hail damage on my car once.  Thankfully insurance covered it, but it took like 6 months to find a repair shop that had time in its schedule, since so many cars were hit.

• Happy birthday, WM! :)
    ttc chart
  • Happy birthday Matilda!

Manda, it would only make me feel better if this were happening, say, next month. :D However, I will accept your attempt as fabulous. lol
  • Happy birthday Matilda.

I'm almost ready for the week.  It's a short week for me and this weekend is the long weekend so I've got a 4 day weekend coming up.  It can't get here soon enough.

I'm also drinking coffee, so in about an hour, expect ridiculous randomness and annoying behavior from me.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards