Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

The Knot and it's lingo

I'm going to apologize in advance... I know there is no such thing as a stupid question, but this might very well come off as stupid.

I am lost with some of this lingo. GTB and other acronyms are throwing me off. I'm in the military, and acronyms are kind of our thing, but you knotties might just have even the US military beat.

Anyway you guys can help me out? Is there some kind of page I missed that clues me in?
"They couldn't remember a time until now that forever didn't seem long enough."

Re: The Knot and it's lingo

• MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FAQ page on the left side of the page.  Scroll down and it lists most if not all of the acronyms commonly used.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • JackiCrotteauJackiCrotteau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh.. So there was a page I was missing! Thank-you kindly!
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about AW?  I have never been able to figure that one out!
  • edited December 2011
    attention whore if I'm not mistaken???  (that sounds/looks bad spelled out :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's like I just translated Spanish into English! No more guessing. How fabulous!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will also say that I read a headline for STD's and I was very confused. Luckily, after reading a little further into, I could infer that it was simply a save the date and not something that needs medical attention :/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_knot-its-lingo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:4c31be23-40e9-424f-afad-3d52991f9bd5Post:633e700a-7a4e-4d75-9d27-ffaad6f1d414">Re: The Knot and it's lingo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will also say that I read a headline for STD's and I was very confused. Luckily, after reading a little further into, I could infer that it was simply a save the date and not something that needs medical attention :/
    Posted by JackiCrotteau[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, you and me both! I still can't refer to Save the Dates as STDs. The FAQ does help a ton, doesn't it?
  • katiereimerkatiereimer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_knot-its-lingo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:4c31be23-40e9-424f-afad-3d52991f9bd5Post:633e700a-7a4e-4d75-9d27-ffaad6f1d414">Re: The Knot and it's lingo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will also say that I read a headline for STD's and I was very confused. Luckily, after reading a little further into, I could infer that it was simply a save the date and not something that needs medical attention :/
    Posted by JackiCrotteau[/QUOTE]

LOL i did the same thing! i had to ask...
    Teagan Rae 8-21-12 born on due date/ 9 lbs 4 oz 22 in
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really does! Maybe I can get a rise out of my mom by talking about STD's =]
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I feel like I've been here forever and I still didint know that was there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    haha. You can also check out the FAQs on the Minneapolis Bio (link in my siggy- signature!)

I added more than TK's lingo page (like AW, etc.)

Definitely don't feel weird asking; there are a still a few I don't know either!
  • edited December 2011
    What is ETA? It seems like it should be so obvious what it stands for but I can't figure it out.
  • edited December 2011
    estimated time of arrival
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually....on TK boards, ETA will typically mean "edited to add"
  • edited December 2011
    learned something new ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards