Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Newly Engaged! (as of Saturday!)

Hi everyone!  We are newly engaged as of Saturday (May 22) - I've helped lots of friends plan their weddings, and I'm an event planner in my daily life - but I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by my OWN wedding planning!  We're planning to get married in November so I have to get a move on!  Any suggestions on what to concentrate on first (church is taken care of - my childhood church and I live in a small city so there's only 5 or 6 reception sites) - what do we do next?!  Photographer, invites, etc?!  Thanks and congrats to everyone!Smile

Re: Newly Engaged! (as of Saturday!)

• Options
    Congrats and don't forget to enjoy it!  Take a look around and you'll start to get a ton of ideas as far as what to do.  TK has some really good check lists as well. 

Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Congrats and welcome! I would book the church, reception, photographer, cake, dj/music and transportation (if needed or want) first and then everything else will fall into place. Get that done and then go dress shopping, etc. And do check out the checklists on TK and elsewhere. Yes, don't forget to enjoy the engagement period and keep things fun. When it gets stressful, step back and take a break from it.

And I see you are from OH, that is where I am from as well. There is also a local board that may with some of your vendors, etc.
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    The most important thing to remember is that you should not get so wrapped in the planning that you forget to take care of each other.
    Enjoy this special time.

Bridal Bouquet Holders Inc. Monica Ghiotti Always on my cell - 718-644-4188 To Have, To Hold, To Last a Lifetime
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards