Christian Weddings

Another Poll - Your Man

I just watched The Proposal and at the end, the immigration guy asks her questions about her man.  I don't think I could answer some of these questions - can you?

1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear?

2.  When did you first start to date?

3.  Was it love at first sight?

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You?

5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so?

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him?

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he?

9.  What is his favorite color?

10.  How many days until/since your wedding?

Re: Another Poll - Your Man

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good movie - not great, but it was entertaining

1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear?  I have no idea

2.  When did you first start to date?  January 2007

3.  Was it love at first sight?  For me, yes; for him, ???

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  right  You? left

5.  Are you a good driver? Yes       Does he think so?   Maybe

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him?  Yes

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer?  I don't know

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Snuggle Bear  Does he?  Sugar buns

9.  What is his favorite color?  red

10.  How many days until/since your wedding?   +/-600 days 
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? Whatever I buy him :-P  We use the same deodorant (insert embarassed face here), and we prefer a clear stick which is really hard to find these days.  I think it's Right Guard that we're using.
    2.  When did you first start to date?  First date was April 1, 2000
    3.  Was it love at first sight? Far from it
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? If you stand at the foot and look at the bed, I sleep on the left and he sleeps on the right.
    5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so? Am I?  Yes, but I hate driving and it makes me anxious.  I guess he thinks so, he makes me drive about 50% of the time!
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? Hah!  Yes
    7.  Would he say you are a good dancer?  Nope.  I agree!
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he?  I call him babe and he calls me hon.  I also have a million nicknames for him.
    9.  What is his favorite color? uh....Blue, I think.
    10.  How many days until/since your wedding? about 3100
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old Spice
    September 3rd, 2009
    Nope.  God had to do a bit of convincing me. ;)
    He would be ok with whichever side. I can't sleep if I'm not on the right side (standing at the foot).
    I'm ok, but I hate driving. He does almost all the driving when it's both of us. We both know he's a better driver than me.
    Farted? Not that I can think of. But I belch a lot in front of him! ;)
    Definitely yes. :D I taught him how to dance too!
    We mostly call each other "babe" or "hon".
    He doesn't seem to have one - he likes neutral/earth tones.
    We're at six months next Saturday, so...174 days.
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear?  None.  I'm shocked he doesn't need any.  He smells good!
    2.  When did you first start to date?  Five years ago.
    3.  Was it love at first sight?  Nope.  Friends at first sight, though.  
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You?  Him on the right.  
    5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so?  Not a good driver, and he agrees.  But he wants me to learn and practice so I can drive him places!
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him?  Haha, no.
    7.  Would he say you are a good dancer?  Not really.  He's a better dancer than me. 
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he?  I call him Sweetie and Hubby.  He calls me Wifey, Picachu (because "you're small and cute, but when you're angry, you're really scary), Bibi, and a bunch of others.
    9.  What is his favorite color?  Blue, like most guys. 
    10.  How many days until/since your wedding?  A little over a month now since the wedding.

P.S. Lisa....  the crazy immigration stuff!  DH and I have to go through the questions with the USCIS in December, as he's applying for a greencard through marriage.  We've hired a lawyer, and they train and prepare you for answering questions.  Very stressful, but they say most people make it through okay (there's always those very few couples they get skeptical about because they answer questions wrong even though they really are married!)
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    edited December 2011
    Old Spice.

My junior year of high school.

Mmm...no. He was really nice, though. :)

We both have twins right now...so there isn't really a side... :P
    Once we're married, I have no idea who will take what side.

I get a little bit dangerous when I'm upset, but I'm good most of the time. He agrees.

Yes.

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer?
    I think so.

I call him babe a lot. He calls me girl. :)

Green.

29! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear?  No idea, actually.  Whatever his mom buys, I guess (he moved back in with his parents)
    2.  When did you first start to date?  December 2002
    3.  Was it love at first sight?  Not really.  We met online (lol--all about the highschool aol instant messenger!).  So, we already liked each other when we met in person.  
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You?  We don't live together, but whenever we do share a bed we never have a particular side.  Since we sleep alone, we currently sleep in the middle.  :)
    5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so?  Haha... uhh... I think I'm a good driver.  Sometimes he is holding his breath and holding onto something when he rides in the passenger seat.
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him?  Yup. He thinks it's hilarious and adorable, so sometimes I do it on purpose just to please him.
    7.  Would he say you are a good dancer  Haha, I don't know.  Probably.
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he?  I usually call him honey, or once in a while, "babydoll."  He usually calls me sweetie, or once in a while, his "stinky little gremlin" (yeah, I know, it's weird, but I think it's hysterical).  It's weird because we never use each other's names unless we're separated in a store and need to find one another.  It's always weird hearing the other say our name.
    9.  What is his favorite color?  purple
    10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 700 too many.

SaveSave
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he?  I usually call him honey, or once in a while, "babydoll."  He usually calls me sweetie, or once in a while, his "stinky little gremlin" (yeah, I know, it's weird, but I think it's hysterical).  It's weird because we never use each other's names unless we're separated in a store and need to find one another.  It's always weird hearing the other say our name.
    I *still* feel this way.  Hearing H say my name, even after 11 years together, is so odd!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? Old Spice Swagger

2.  When did you first start to date? November 10,2009

3.  Was it love at first sight? HAHA not at all. For the first month and half he thought I was someone else

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on? Which ever side is closest to the door so currently the left You? Right

5.  Are you a good driver? Not at all Does he think so? I thinks I'm better than I am but he keeps having to correct me like I'm in drivers ed.

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? Many times

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer? I don't dance

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH? Honey for when I'm mad at him, and Babe for everyday  Does he? Love

9.  What is his favorite color? Green, hence the font color

10.  How many days until/since your wedding? *checks the front page of TK*  35days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? Whatever he can find in an aeresol can. He hates the sticks (I have no clue why)

2.  When did you first start to date? Unofficially in september of 2008. Offically on January 9, 2009 we became exclusive.

3.  Was it love at first sight? Definite attraction at first sight. but the love developed over a while.

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? Looking at the bed I'm on the right, he's on the left.

5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so? Yes I am and he does think so because I taught him how to drive!

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? Yeah : /

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer Absolutely

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he? He calls me babe, I call him love, but we both call each other many types of "schmoopie" like schmoopie, schmoops, schmoopster....

9.  What is his favorite color? Blue

10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 91 days left Ah!!!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW I just saw my ticker in the 2 months countdown "2 months, 4 weeks & 1 day" and just had crazy butterflies in my belly!!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's Old Spice right now

January 12, 2006

Not love but definitely like

FI has a twin right now, and I tend to sleep towards the middle of my bed. We'll have to work that out after the wedding I guess!

I think so, he would probably agree. FI loves to drive though so he drives way more than me.

Possibly

Yeah, but I really don't think I am

He calls me sweetheart

Red

175!!
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Old spice

January 23.

Nope.  I thought he was cute but nothing more.

He has a single so he doesn't get a side.  I sleep on the right side.

Yes.  Sometimes.  He doesn't think I am a good backroads driver

Many many times

Yes.  I taught him how to dance

Babe.  Love.  Same for him except he uses girl, girly

He doesn't really have one.  Orange or red if he had too.
    undecided.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? whatever is least expensive.  It must be an anti-perspirant though!

2.  When did you first start to date? spring 2006.

3.  Was it love at first sight? no...I was actually dating someone else when I first met DH.

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  right You? left

5.  Are you a good driver?  yes Does he think so? I like to think so!  I only drive in town though.

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? yes Embarassed

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer. yes

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  baby Does he? baby

9.  What is his favorite color? blue

10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 35 days since
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear?Old Spice i think. its red. lol
    2.  When did you first start to date?January 15, 2009 was our first date. (:
    3.  Was it love at first sight?hehe... i thought he was really cute... but i wasn't sure for like 2 months if i wanted anything with him. lol
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You?we both have twins at the moment. but he has mentioned that he likes to sleep closest to the outside.. me closest to the wall. 
    5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so?he thinks i am an okay driver..... i think i am a good parker.
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him?once.... it was sooo embarrassing!!! he was tickling me! 
    7.  Would he say you are a good dancerhehe. maybe.... but he is a WAY better dancer!
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he?we call eachother "baby love" he calls me "princess" we called eachother "babe", "baby". 
    9.  What is his favorite color?he LOVES red!!! completely. 
    10.  How many days until/since your wedding?42 days until the wedding!!! i cannot wait!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear?Old Spice2.  When did you first start to date?October 20073.  Was it love at first sight?there was definitely an instant attraction, maybe no love but there was a spark4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You?when we do, which is very, very rare, me on the right, him on the left5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so?yes; yes6.  Have you ever farted in front of him?no! I am so embarrassed too!! I don't even like to go #2 at his house. Sorry if thats TMI!!  This is the part of getting married I am most nervous about. It's an on going joke between us.7.  Would he say you are a good dancerdecent. We both aren't fans of dancing.8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he?babe9.  What is his favorite color?blue10.  How many days until/since your wedding?343

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011
    Axe or Old Spice, depending on the day, haha.  He has both.

March 30, 2008

For me it kinda was.  FI took a while longer.

Actually, FI and I both sleep on our left side, on the left side of our respective beds (facing the middle of the bed).  We've had many discussions about who gets the left side after the wedding.  No decision yet, lol.

I'm actually a very careful driver.  I get nervous sometimes.  FI and I both like it better when he drives, lol.

All the time.  I have gas problems, lol.  He thinks it's funny!  Lol.

Yes, and he has.  :)

Yep.  We have a nickname for each other and for ourselves as a couple.

If he had to pick, it would be blue.

133 days to go!  :D
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • kcadonaukcadonau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? old spice

2.  When did you first start to date? october 2008, 5 days after his birthday :)

3.  Was it love at first sight? for him yes, not for me

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? sitting in bed, he's on the left and i'm on the right

5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so?  yes and he's said i'm a "smooth" driver (aka, not as good as him but not bad either lol, he's a lead foot though)

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? bahaha yes

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer yes

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he? i sometimes call him love or handsome, he calls me sweetie and love/lovely

9.  What is his favorite color? blue

10.  How many days until/since your wedding? its been 28 days!

i'm impressed i got all those! yay me!
    Formerly yarmik89 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Bett2012Bett2012 member
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? whatever was on sale when he last ran out.
    2.  When did you first start to date? spring 2007
    3.  Was it love at first sight? no. thought each other were cute, but nothing beyond that.
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  single You? single.. but when I do get a big bed I sleep diagonal... I think that's going to have to change :P
    5.  Are you a good driver?  yes Does he think so? yes
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? yes 7.  Would he say you are a good dancer. no, but that's ok because we both stink at it!
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  nope Does he? sweetheart

9.  What is his favorite color? "British racing green" 

10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 307 days to go

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear?  I don't know... it smells good though.
    2.  When did you first start to date? 2007
    3.  Was it love at first sight? I didn't really "love" him at first sight, but I knew he was the one the first time  I met him. 
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? I sleep on the left side. I don't know about him. We don't sleep in the same bed.... not even in the same state. 
    5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so? yes, I'm a pretty good driver. I think he thinks so I dont know though.
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? Probably. I dont remember
    7.  Would he say you are a good dancer he's never seen me dance. 
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he? I call him "quequito" which means cupcake in spanish. He calls me "hon" or "babe" or "loverbug" or "sweetiepea" or "Tiffy" It really just depends on his mood.
    9.  What is his favorite color? pink - yes. his favorite color is pink
    10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 89 days until the wedding
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? no idea. :)

2.  When did you first start to date? we never really had a "first date" but we liked each other in 2006.

3.  Was it love at first sight? Since I met him when I was 9, I'd have to say no. :)

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? I can sleep on either, don't know about him. Like others have said, we'll have to figure out that after the wedding!

5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so? I'm a better driver when he's not in the car.. he is so distracting! So even though he doesn't always feel safe, he still says I'm a pretty good driver.

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? um... not that left a big impression on my life.

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer maybe. I'm definitely the better of the two us. :)

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he? I call him my Dork and he calls me Ham.

9.  What is his favorite color? he doesn't really have a favorite color but if he did... it'd be black or blue.

10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 34 days!!!!!!!!!!
    Anniversary
  • yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? I don't know, he changed recently, though, and it smells good :)

2.  When did you first start to date? July 2010

3.  Was it love at first sight? For him, as close as it can be.  For me, I liked him but needed to get to know him better first.

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? I have a twin, when I sleep in a larger bed I sleep on the closer side to the door.  He seems to sleep in the middle from what I've seen.

5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so? I'm a good driver, he's said so too.

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? Once or twice, he tells me I should but I don't like to.

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer?  He'd say of course, I'd say no.

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he? I call him Wheezy or Dear, he calls me Dear or Turtle.

9.  What is his favorite color? green

10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 284
  • edited December 2011
    Old Spice

December 2007

For him it was! For me it was not. We dated casually and then broke it off, and then got back together soon after.

If you are facing the bed I sleep on the left and he sleeps on the right

I think I am, he thinks I have a metal foot, lol

Once! And it was by accident. HILARIOUS!

Yes :)

We call each other Turkey. Don't ask, I don't remember how it started, but its either that or handsome/beautiful.

Blue!

40 something days
  • edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deodorant does he wear? Gillette - nor sure if there are different scents...
    2.  When did you first start to date? June 2010.
    3.  Was it love at first sight? no...but there was a strong like.  We spent a month talking via text/email/online before meeting in person.
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  left You? left - we will have to work this out.  I'm trying to get use to the right, but keep waking up in the middle, which is fine for now since I'm alone, but in a few weeks...
    5.  Are you a good driver?  yes Does he think so? He thinks I'm a good driver, but not as good as him.  Which is fine because I prefer him to drive.
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? no - but I think if at all possible farting should be done in a bathroom. 7.  Would he say you are a good dancer. no - neither of us dance. There's a reason.  
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  babe, Love, dear if I'm frustrated with him ("yes dear" with the tone is how it usually comes out) Does he? usually dear or babe.
    9.  What is his favorite color? blue
    10.  How many days until/since your wedding? 19 days to go!!  
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_another-poll-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:dbe13889-e03b-4223-a8c2-87097c56153ePost:3bc357ec-29f6-4e79-87b7-e2d9f869fdc8">Re: Another Poll - Your Man</a>:
    [QUOTE]9.  What is his favorite color? pink - yes. his favorite color is pink 
    Posted by kalizoomba[/QUOTE]

<div>I love it!!</div>
    edited December 2011
    I love reading all of these! 
  • Ccsvball05Ccsvball05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? Gillette

2.  When did you first start to date? December 21, 2009

3.  Was it love at first sight? No, but I liked him.

4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? He is on my Left.

5.  Are you a good driver? I think so. Does he think so? No, he says I scare him.

6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? He said I did in my sleep once!

7.  Would he say you are a good dancer I don't dance

8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH? Babe Does he? Baby or Shug

9.  What is his favorite color?   Blue

10.  How many days until/since your wedding?  101 since!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What kind of deoderant does he wear? Old Spice
    2.  When did you first start to date? 12/22/05
    3.  Was it love at first sight? Kind of!! We both said we thought the other was attractive. We started talking and flirting, things just developed from there. Even though he moved away, we stopped talking, etc we both never stopped thinking about each other. 
    4.  What side of the bed does FI/DH sleep on?  You? FI sleeps on the right, I sleep on the left.
    5.  Are you a good driver?  Does he think so? I'm a GREAT driver... FI doesn't think I am though... haha. 
    6.  Have you ever farted in front of him? Heck yes!
    7.  Would he say you are a good dancer Definitely.
    8.  Do you have a term of endearment for FI/DH?  Does he? We call each other a huge assortment of things. Mostly "bear". He's Mr. Bear or just Bear. I'm Mrs. Bear or Mama Bear. 
    9.  What is his favorite color? Blue!
    10.  How many days until/since your wedding? Too many-- 529ish.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards