Pre-wedding Parties

No RSVPs!

Hi everyone,

I'm the maid of honor for my soon-to-be married friend, and I am planning her bridal shower and bachelorette party, both of which are going to be on the same day.  For her bachelorette party, we were going to go to dinner and then to a Comedy Club.

After getting all the plans together, there's a new stress - only ONE person has RSVPed, and today was the RSVP date!  I sent out about 15 invitations.  I haven't even heard from the other bridesmaids.

I had emailed all of the girls to get their addresses for invitations, and some of them said in the email that they were going.  However, that was almost two months ago, and I clearly marked on the invitations that I needed them to RSVP so I could have final numbers.

I'm not too concerned about the shower, because I don't really require exact numbers for that.  However, I am worried about dinner and especially for the Comedy Club, because I was going to buy tickets ahead of time.

Is there a polite way to email all of these girls again and confirm what they're coming to without seeming pushy?

Also, what do I do if more girls show up then affirmatively responded?  I think the bride has verbally invited people, which is fine, but I don't know what to do if 20 people show up and I only have a reservation for 10.

Thanks!!

Re: No RSVPs!

• edited December 2011
    If today is the RSVP date, many of the invitees may be actually mailing their's back today. If you do not receive responses by the end of the week, it's okay to e-mail them that you need to get a head count. Calling them by phone would probably be better, though, because you will get an immediate response. It's not pushy to follow up on invitations.

The hostess should be the only one issuing invitations. The bride should have given you a guest list, rather than giving verbal invitations. I hope she can give you an accurate head count, because you could end up with not enough or too much food.

Good luck.

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Instead of an email, why not personally call or text those invited?

My b shower, I gave my MOH the guest names/addresses and I believe only 3 of the 11 people who showed up did rsvp. Calls and texts were made to verify their attendance because it was at restaurtant and guest count was required....
  • JenO24JenO24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Obviously email isn't working so pick up the phone and call w/ just asking them if they got the invitation and wanted to know if they were still able to attend.  Not everyone checks emails regularly and it could have even gotten lost in cyberspace. 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    maid of honor, matron of honor, and 4 brides maids...........do i name them individually on the shower invitation or say given by bridesmaids?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards