Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Airbrush Tan?

Before I got pregnant I was a religious tanner and I want to be tan for the wedding but can't find a babysitter to go tanning every day so I made an appointment for a custom airbrush tan for tomorrow. If I like it I figure I'll go again before the wedding.
Any advice, suggestions, dislikes about airbrush tanning? I don't know anything about it but I like that it is 100% safe and I would only have to go once or twice.

TIA!!

Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!

Re: Airbrush Tan?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had this done twice but a warning is that it "bleeds" off after a day and more so when you sweat...I'd be very nervous about my white wedding gown turning orange. I did it with one of BMs as we were guests at a wedding last fall, loved it (we kept telling everyone we just back from Miami!), it looked great but we both wore black purposely b/c of the bleeding.

Also, have it professionally done by hand so that there is no streaking...GL!
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it! I haven't done it in a while, but never had a problem with stains. I did the machine one, the Mystic tan. Much safer than sunning it!
  • Options
    jay10jay10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im dying to try it before my wedding - where are you getting it done?
    i was a religous tanner before baby too, now im lucky if i get to shower....but i def need it for wedding! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do it all the time before big events, but like others said it bleeds. I found that if I do it about a day and a half before I wear it, it doesn't bleed (or at least nothing that's too bad). I will probably do it the Thursday night before the wedding which will be Saturday, this way I still have the glow without the bleed.
    August 2011: E-Pic! Photobucket
    229 image Invited to celebrate!
    191 image Remembered to RSVP!
    26 image Can't make it
    7 image Got lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    About a year ago I asked my tanning salon owner about trying one of her spray-on machines and she said she honestly didn't recommended it - ESPECIALLY for brides - the last thing you want is any tell-tale marks on your dress.  Maybe the tanning technology has gotten better recently, though.  I'd say test it ouit, then wear white after to see what happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have done it  (airbrush) three times for being a bridesmaid. It really looks good (mystic is harder to get perfect though because it's done by a machine). I have gone to Perfect Tan in Boston (they do a really nice job and you can choose from three tan levels) I usually only choose the first one to get light all over color. It does come off somewhat patchy so I suggest getting it the day before your wedding if you are going to do it and apply a ton of moisturizer to keep it the longest.
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it for my wedding...and truthfully I loved it and it did bleed because you sweat, but it was on the inside of my dress.  I had it cleaned and it came out.  I guess if you have a real light dress...I wouldn't do it.  But mine had a beaded bodice top...so it was thicker...nothing was getting through that.

In my mind...I would rather reck the inside of my dress...then be pale white on my wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting it done at Andover Salon and Spa on Main Street in Andover. We'll see how it goes tonight!!
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If that doesn't work out you should try Body Rituals Spa in Medford.  Its on the Medord/Malden line right next to Tiki Island.  I had it done there for a wedding I was in and it was amazing!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    GL...let us know how it goes, maybe even a post-spray photo update :)
    BTW...LOVE your siggy pic...he is too cute for words!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards