Favors
Options

Edible Favor- What would you want?

I am debating on whether or not to have favors at my wedding due to costs... I always thought handing out favors was proper etiquette, and I don't know how I'd feel about nixing favors all together. Obviously edible favors seem to be the ideal from what I gather. If you were to attend a wedding that had an edible favor waiting for you at the table...what would you hope it is?
Anniversary

Re: Edible Favor- What would you want?

• Options
    Chocolate or some form of sweets.  
  • Options
    Chocolate or cookies. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_edible-favor-what-would-you-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:ca0ccb9c-bf64-4a8c-b22a-9fde5afbba7fPost:f9e8b34a-f920-4aeb-bb5d-d139ab6e817c">Re: Edible Favor- What would you want?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chocolate or cookies. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Chocolate cookies!
  • Options
    Definitely something sweet! Hmmm...probably chocolate truffles or a cupcake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chocolate. Chocolate covered oreos would be amazing!

• Options
    Looks like the general consensus is something chocolate!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    reppunzelreppunzel member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Chocolate is always appropriate!  Laughing

And FWIW (since you mentioned budget), I'd rather have one of something a little bit nicer (a truffle, a decorated sugar cookie, a petit four, a chocolate-covered Oreo) than more of something cheaper. 

For example, I attended a wedding one time with the reception in a posh venue ... and the favors on the table were little white cardboard boxes containing cheap hard candy (that sells in bulk at Walmart -- the mix with peppermints, butterscotch disks, foil-wrapped strawberry candy) and one Hershey kiss.  Favors aren't required, I was thankful for the gesture ... but I think their money might have been better spent either by not doing favors, by spending a little bit more on the candy (all kisses, for example, or a mix of different flavor kisses and/or Hershey's Hugs) and less on the packaging (tulle?), or by going with one of something.  

ETA -- and it wouldn't bother me a bit if the truffle was homemade or the cookie(s) were the bride's famous recipe or something like that.  A Knottie mentioned that her mother or grandmother really wanted to make Scottish shortbread for her wedding, and the venue wouldn't allow it in as "outside catering" so they wrapped them up as favors instead.  I think that's really cool  (as long as the making of a homemade favor didn't drive the bride, groom and associated families into the loony bin with stress Laughing).
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of cookies. It's hard to go wrong with chocolate though, too - maybe a caramel milk chocolate or something. I figure that's something more commonly liked.

I agree that I'd prefer one item that's really special vs a ton of Skittles or something.

Do you and your FI have a favorite flavor of chocolate or cookie? Or family tradition? Or is there a local bakery or chocolate shop that you really enjoy?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    FI doesn't like cookies, cakes, chocolates or any dessert really. The only thing he likes is Starbursts. I like the chocolate covered oreo idea or a nice sugar cookie. You've all been so helpful!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Chocolate for sure! We are having a beach wedding- and for favors we have chocolates shaped like sea shells. 
  • Options
    THE CATALOG  "EXCLUSIVELY WEDDINGS" HAVE UNIQUE CANDY BAR WRAPPERS WHICH YOU CAN PERSONALIZE. LARGE SIZE OR MINI BAR SIZE!

THEY ALSO HAVE UNIQUE CANDLE HOLDERS IN WHICH YOU CAN WRAP IN TULLE WITH A CARD.

WWW.EXCLUSIVELYWEDDINGS.COM/FAVORS

GOOD LUCK TO YOU WITH YOUR WEDDING PLANS,MAY YOUR WEDDING BE ALL YOU DREAMT IT WOULD BE :)  GOD BLESS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im getting married in October and i was wondering the same thing and im leaning towards chocolate as well of some sort.. i just dont know what exactly.. wether it be chocolate bars or mini hersey kisses in a burlap mini bag
  • Options
    My fiance and I are hoping to have the budget to either get French macarons or chocolate truffles.  I think either of these woud be amazing, if you had the budget.  My idea is to display them in a conical tower, made by using a craft store styrofoam cone wrapped in metallic foil paper.  Then you stick a tooth pick in at a slight angle, about 1/2 way in, and insert the edible favor.  It would look something like a Christmas tree, and we'd get three colors so we could have three flavor choices. 

If we don't have the budget for this, my other idea is a bunch of pillsbury cinnamon rolls, which we'd bake ourselves and wrap in little clear wax paper packets, each individually packaged - maybe 1 per guest, a sort of take-away breakfast. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards