September 2012 Weddings
Options

Father Daughter Dance

My dad and I are close but he didnt really raise me. I lives in Hong Kong and has lived there all my life. I am on the East Coast US. It is hard for me to pick a song. He loves Bob Marley, The Eagles and Santana. I would like something not so "In my Father's Eyes" or "Daddy's Little Girl" because it does not fit.

HELP! Any suggestions??

What is your father daughter song?

Re: Father Daughter Dance

• Options
    We are dancing to Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight
  • Options
    We're doing My Girl by the Temptations. Though that doesn't really help you.

Did you look into any songs by those groups yet? Maybe you can ask your dad if there's any he's thinking of?

Off the top of my head - What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    We are dancing to "I loved her first" by Heartland... the song is beautiful, but idk if thats the type of song your looking for
  • Options
    We are doing "In My Life" by the Beatles.

If your dad likes the Eagles, I'll bet he'd like Beatles too. They have lots of options. "God Only Knows" is another good one.
  • Options
    i am using the "somewhere over the rainbow/what a wonderful world" mashup by israel kamakawiwo'ole. i didn't want anything too mushy, but i know i'd be crying even if we danced to "if you're happy and you know it" haha.
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions ladies. Keep them coming :)
    I should make a decision this weekend!
    Wedding planning would be so difficult without you ladies!!
    Much Appreciated :)
  • Options

FI just chose "Wonderful Tonight" for his mother/son dance, but that could work for either, I think.  I'd google "father/daughter dance songs" or "fun father/daughter dance songs."  There's a lot of lists out there.

Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    We both love Josh Groban, we picked "You Raise me Up"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are dancing to "In my Daughters Eyes" by Martina McBride. My mother will be balling her eyes out lol. I don't think that's the kind of song you're looking for though. I second "What a Wonderful World". Not all mushy and still a very lovely father/daughter song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're dancing to "Everything" by Alanis Morissette. LOVE the lyrics...they fit our relationship so perfectly and Alaniswas our secret car ride music when I was a teenager (my mom didn't approve back then). It's a beautiful song and I can'twait to dance with him to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 75 Invited so far! image 28 are ready to party!
    image 3 Will be missing out image 54 Are MIA
  • Options
    We're dancing to Edelweiss from the Sound of Music. Maybe this only works if you happened to share a passion for that musical with your dad, or maybe not, just tossing it out there =P Good luck!
  • Options
    We are dancing to You Don't Have to Let Go by Jessica Simpson.
  • Options
     I'm using the "Somewhere over the rainbow/what a wonderful world" mashup by israel kamakawiwo'ole as well. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards