California-Bay Area

Teens/Young adults at reception

I'm trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to make our cocktail hour and reception at least a little fun and enjoyable for the 8 teenagers who will be there.  They all know each other and have hung out before.  They're  ages 14-18: 6 boys, 2 girls, and 3 of these boys are my fiancé's sons.  

I can just see the cocktail hour now with them slamming down cokes like they're going out of style while at the same time looking so lost and bored.

For dinner all the teens will be seated together.  I've seen ideas for "kids tables" at receptions - coloring books, crayons, etc. But what about a Teen Table?  I'm sure they would be ecstatic if I were to provide them with video games and iPods for entertainment - but that's not gonna happen, so is there anything else I can do/provide for them so that they at least sort of enjoy the reception?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Teens/Young adults at reception

• edited December 2011
    I think the youngest we have at the wedding is 20, so my ideas may not be as exciting.  Have you thought of just some board games? Apples to Apples is a fun board game that isn't boring and keep them entertained.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not having teenagers at our reception, but don't kids these days spend all their tie on their cellphones texting each other?  Or flirting with each other?

Okay, probably not the behavior you want to promote.  I think we're bringing Dominoes, more for the older men at the wedding, but anyone can play.
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, yes I can see it now, all of them sitting at a round table together staring down at their laps the whole time, texting their friends how bored they are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     went to a wedding that had "bridal mad libs" during the cocktail hour.  We all had fun with them, not just the teens.  They had a book that we all put them in after.  My suggestion would be to have a fun non-alcoholic signature drink and a game of some sort.
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mad Libs! Brilliant!!!  What sort of book? Scrapbook? I could have the girls be in charge of pasting them in maybe?  OH this is just what I was looking for. Thank You!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am loving the Mad Libs idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards