October 2012 Weddings

Weightloss / Work out Wednesday!

How is everyone doing with there goals?

I'm down 8 lbs from January.  I blame stress, but I'm trying to lose the rest the RIGHT way.  I need to lose 1 inch in my hips for my wedding dress... otherwise I would be altering the whole dress but my hips.

I'm on W6 of C25K.  I ran 20 mins straight outside last week for W5D3.  It was AMAZING.  I'm running a 5K 17 March with friends.  And maybe another one in May.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: Weightloss / Work out Wednesday!

• Doing pretty good. I feel great, and I can definitely see a difference in my arms and my back.  My thighs and hips still have a ways to go, but hopefully that will start changing when I can get more cardio in.  

I finished the 30DS, and now I've moved on to Ripped in 30, which is some serious intense workout.  I'm on day 2 of week 2, so hopefully I'll start seeing some changes in the next few weeks.  I can't wait for it to start getting warmer out so I can run after work.  The cardio will help more with the weight loss than the JM videos will, but running in 30-40 degrees does not work when you have asthma.
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Congrats Amanda!! 

FI and I haven't been too good on the weight loss lately.  I haven't gained though which is good.  We did go to the gym last night and I did about 50 minutes on the eliptical.  I feel really good today.  I think that I am going to start going to the classes that they have at the gym to get my motivation up.  I am a little nervous about going to them because its like going to the first day of class at a new school and I have been out of school for a LONG time.

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I want to say pretty good but the scale hates me, lol. I dont know if its bc I have been taking weight lifting classes so im gaining muscle that the scale isnt really budging but i've been eating well and trying not to let unemployment get the best of me!

I ran 3 miles on Monday, ran 3 miles yesterday and then went to my strength and tone class, tonight is my interval training class but its snowing already, so I may just do the workout here since its easy to adapt what he has us do at class at home, no excuses right??

I am trying my dress on Saturday and am sooo nervous...my jeans have been a little snug and i dont know if its from gaining muscle in my legs from all the squats, argh!! i will cry if it doesnt fit=(
  • Cathyl - Thanks!  It was really just not eating from Stress, but I'm eating now without a gain... now to lose more!

mpjf - are you drinking a lot of water?  When ST muscles retain water to heal, so you need to drink more to get muscles to release it.  I read it somewhere and for the life of me I can't remember. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I have not been doing as good in the gym as I should be.  I've been so busy with work and going out of town and personal schedules being filled with so much extra stuff that I was only able to hit the gym three times last week and haven't even gone this week.  I don't see the possibility of it happening the rest of the week either.  I have been eating good, so that's a plus.  I haven't gained any weight since I've lost the 7lbs at the beginning of the year, but I really need to step it up.

Next week, I should be able to hit up the gym consistently because my schedule is completely clear :)  I want to loose 10lbs in March!  Wish me luck!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • edited February 2012
    Since January, i've lost 1 inch around my waist! 1.5 inches to go before my first fitting in April. I'm doing this because I fit in the chest and hips but not in the waist. I'd rather not have the waist taken out on my dress.

As for cycling to prepare for November Tour De Tucson's 42mile route, i'm up to 15 miles per ride now, avg 13mph...i ride once or twice a week. My goal was to ride about 1 more mile per week and to increase my speed gradually.

Glad everyone's keeping up with their goals! Mana, good luck on your 5k next month!  thanks for keeping this thread going!
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• I have pretty much maintained my weight since January. I need to lose about 7 - 8 pounds though. I havent been eating bad but definitely not good either. I haven't been exercising either. I need to get on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I should take measurements since that is what I need to change. While I care, maybe too much, about the number on the scale, I haven't stepped on one in over a month.  

Anyone else doing JM videos/workouts?
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Good job to those who are losing and maintaining and getting their butts in gear because I have been a total slacker!   I have been eating better- good portion sizes, not eating out nearly as much but I have not worked out one bit- not even walking.  I am waiting to hear from the Y to see if I will be granted a scholarship for membership.  I would like to be able to use the pool and the treadmill so I don't have to use the track because it is really hard and hurts my knees.  Unfortunately I cannot afford the membership at this time and especially wont over the summer when I go on unemployment.

I have not weighed myself in about a month because our scale was broken.  FI got a new scale today and when I stepped on it I am down about 3 pounds!! 
  • We are starting Ct5K Week 7 today, which is the first week without any walking aside from the warm up and cool down. Pretty much dreading it, but I've got my Kindle, so I'll read to distract myself. I find that running isn't as physically challenging as it is BORING. I haven't weighed myself as last week was a baaad week, so next Monday I will. I don't feel much difference clothes-wise, but my face looks thinner. Of course, FI starts looking like Hugh Jackman simply from walking into the gym, so I have to step it up!
  • Horribly, just horribly. Lol. I haven't gained any more weight thank goodness, but I know I am for sure not losing anything. I get on track one week and then the next lose it, and I can never manage to eat properly with the hectic schedule I keep. Excuses, excuses I know... I just need to get my butt in gear!

I run kind of sporadically, and I have started playing indoor soccer again on thursday nights so that gives me a little encouragement to get some running in during the week so I don't die and make a fool of myself. But still. I need accountability.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards